Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Never really got into TMs stuff. I have had conversations with other TM followers; RHC, RayR, etc. and they have explained some things to me. I have also had some direct conversations with TM while at BaseballDebate. I know others have had negative dealings with TM, but he was always polite with me and answered my questions without diverting (as some do here). That said, there are aspects of his teaching that I simply cannot reconcile. It's my understanding that he continues to evolve, and I honestly have not kept up with it.

Ultimately the most important thing is the success of the players. Your DD has a great swing and I wish her all the success in the world. @Work=wins 's daughter has a very good swing as well and I wish her an equal amount of success. It's interesting that they have followed very different paths, but the success is what's important.

To be clear, I strongly dislike TM's venomous online persona. I agree with the mechanics, but not the personality. Having my DD work with @Mike-Coach Q gives her the mechanics we agree with, delivered by a kind and skilled instructor. Personally, I think TM's HLP is being instructed better by the "next generation" (guys like Mike) than by TM himself. Teaching effectively is about being able to communicate ideas in ways people can relate to, not just the material.

May 12, 2016
Hate to interrupt your debate :LOL: but in the demos, like YOU have said, they are just using their hands and in order to get the correct barrel path YOU have said you need posture etc so wouldn't that mean they are not trying to get the correct barrel path in their demos? If they were they would add in posture,etc....right?
They are isolating hands in their demo. I guess we could look at all the things in a demo swing vs a live game swing they aren't doing to determine why the barrel path isn't the same... but I've already done that in this post

Do you agree or disagree, the resulting barrel path in a demo isolating just hands will be different than a barrel path in a game swing?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
To be clear, I strongly dislike TM's venomous online persona. I agree with the mechanics, but not the personality. Having my DD work with @Mike-Coach Q gives her the mechanics we agree with, delivered by a kind and skilled instructor. Personally, I think TM's HLP is being instructed better by the "next generation" (guys like Mike) than by TM himself. Teaching effectively is about being able to communicate ideas in ways people can relate to, not just the material.

Unfortunately DFP is starting to look like BD did back in the TM days...

Jun 8, 2016
They are isolating hands in their demo. I guess we could look at all the things in a demo swing vs a live game swing they aren't doing to determine why the barrel path isn't the same... but I've already done that in this post

Do you agree or disagree, the resulting barrel path in a demo isolating just hands will be different than a barrel path in a game swing?
I was responding to you saying @FP26 said the Pros don't know what they are doing in the demos when in reality all he said is that they were not trying to get behind and through in the demos...which based upon everything YOU have said is true.

The rest of this crap is old already.

May 12, 2016
Like I said, misquoting me. That quote does not say "the pros don't know what they are doing". @TDS states that they try to hit the top of the ball when we all know all that produces is a ground ball. Isn't he saying that "the pros don't know what they are doing"?
What does it say then... the pros are trying to intentionally mislead us, or are you saying the pros aren't isolating what their hands do?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
What does it say then... the pros are trying to intentionally mislead us, or are you saying the pros aren't isolating what their hands do?
I'm saying exactly what @pattar is trying to say. That during their demo they are leaving certain things out. And without those things they are not trying to get the barrel "behind and through". There are parts of the swing that they do not include in the demo. I seem to remember you saying that many times. But when I say it, you say I am flip flopping. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
And here comes that agenda I keep talking about. You guys are so predictable.... I'm not sure anyone in this discussion follows TM, and most, including me have already stated that we don't believe in forced supination. Yet when you are out of other options, you simply lie about other people. Like I said, predictable. Shows your true character...
- forced supination (don't ignore the minus sign)

May 12, 2016
I'm saying exactly what @pattar is trying to say. That during their demo they are leaving certain things out. And without those things they are not trying to get the barrel "behind and through". There are parts of the swing that they do not include in the demo. I seem to remember you saying that many times. But when I say it, you say I am flip flopping. Please, correct me if I am wrong.
And right back to square one, this post addresses that, do you agree or disagree?

Specifically
"And people say barrel path is not the same in the two swings... I mean isn't it obvious why the barrel doesn't react the same in the demo vs the game swing? Why are people still arguing the demos barrel path doesn't match demo path? Pros are only isolating hands in demos"

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Not intentionally. It's tremendously misleading because it's out of context on its own, and far too many people take something like that as being much bigger than it actually is.