Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Predictable as in you saying the pros don't know what they are talking about when demoing down to?

Now you are being dishonest. Show me where I said "pros don't know what they are talking about". I am fine with debating, but at least attempt to be honest. Seriously dude...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
And here comes that agenda I keep talking about. You guys are so predictable.... I'm not sure anyone in this discussion follows TM, and most, including me have already stated that we don't believe in forced supination. Yet when you are out of other options, you simply lie about other people. Like I said, predictable. Shows your true character...

I follow TM. However, by "follow", I mean I read/listen to what he has to say. It does not mean I believe and agree with every little thing he teaches. TM's pattern is the basis for my DD's current instruction, but that instruction has also allowed some variation based works best for my DD, specifically. I believe that TM gets a lot of things right, and those things have helped my DD get to a pattern that will be successful at the highest levels. That said, there are some areas where my DD has deviated on her own based on what she has found works best for her, and continues to bring her success against good pitching.

May 12, 2016
It's not that hard @julray. Why is it that the "swing down" cult has to resort to this type of posting? Honestly, I thought you were a bigger person. I guess I was wrong.
I just get a little annoyed when people can't have an honest discussion without flip flopping all over the place. I thought you had a little more integrity than that. I mean you tip toed around a question I had for you, and you still didn't answer it, unless now you believe the pros don't know what they are talking about during their demo. Is this a recent development?

May 12, 2016
Now you are being dishonest. Show me where I said "pros don't know what they are talking about". I am fine with debating, but at least attempt to be honest. Seriously dude...
1627924476705.png
You are saying the pros demo one thing and do another... AKA as not knowing WTH they are talking about. I am not a dishonest person. So set the record straight. Do the pros know what they are talking about in their demos or not??

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I follow TM. However, by "follow", I mean I read/listen to what he has to say. It does not mean I believe and agree with every little thing he teaches. TM's pattern is the basis for my DD's current instruction, but that instruction has also allowed some variation based works best for my DD, specifically. I believe that TM gets a lot of things right, and those things have helped my DD get to a pattern that will be successful at the highest levels. That said, there are some areas where my DD has deviated on her own based on what she has found works best for her, and continues to bring her success against good pitching.

Never really got into TMs stuff. I have had conversations with other TM followers; RHC, RayR, etc. and they have explained some things to me. I have also had some direct conversations with TM while at BaseballDebate. I know others have had negative dealings with TM, but he was always polite with me and answered my questions without diverting (as some do here). That said, there are aspects of his teaching that I simply cannot reconcile. It's my understanding that he continues to evolve, and I honestly have not kept up with it.

Ultimately the most important thing is the success of the players. Your DD has a great swing and I wish her all the success in the world. @Work=wins 's daughter has a very good swing as well and I wish her an equal amount of success. It's interesting that they have followed very different paths, but the success is what's important.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just get a little annoyed when people can't have an honest discussion without flip flopping all over the place. I thought you had a little more integrity than that. I mean you tip toed around a question I had for you, and you still didn't answer it, unless now you believe the pros don't know what they are talking about during their demo. Is this a recent development?
I have not flip flopped a single time. If anything, you keep trying to misquote me.

May 12, 2016
I have not flip flopped a single time. If anything, you keep trying to misquote me.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
View attachment 23377
You are saying the pros demo one thing and do another... AKA as not knowing WTH they are talking about. I am not a dishonest person. So set the record straight. Do the pros know what they are talking about in their demos or not??

Like I said, misquoting me. That quote does not say "the pros don't know what they are doing". @TDS states that they try to hit the top of the ball when we all know all that produces is a ground ball. Isn't he saying that "the pros don't know what they are doing"?

Jun 8, 2016
View attachment 23377
Hate to interrupt your debate :LOL: but in the demos, like YOU have said, they are just using their hands and in order to get the correct barrel path YOU have said you need posture etc so wouldn't that mean they are not trying to get the correct barrel path in their demos? If they were they would add in posture,etc....right?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hate to interrupt your debate :LOL: but in the demos, like YOU have said, they are just using their hands and in order to get the correct barrel path YOU have said you need posture etc so wouldn't that mean they are not trying to get the correct barrel path in their demos?
Bingo....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez