Swing Critique? 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
I was thinking Chesterfield, but maybe that's because I recognize all the teams. My DD is with Stl Stix 08, and we are from across the river in Illinois.
Very cool, and yes Chesterfield.

We play the 10u Stl Stix in about a month in league play, I'll look to have my DD in proper form to maybe do a little damage.

We are in the Bownet Spring Blast this weekend and noticed there is a 12u Stix team, is that you?

May 21, 2018
Very cool, and yes Chesterfield.

We play the 10u Stl Stix in about a month in league play, I'll look to have my DD in proper form to maybe do a little damage.

We are in the Bownet Spring Blast this weekend and noticed there is a 12u Stix team, is that you?
No, we are playing in a 14u tournament this weekend in St. Charles/Wentzville, but I'll keep an eye out for you guys in the future.

Good luck, hope it stays dry.

.....don't throw your hat into into the fence. Some of us have high blood pressure and startle easily. 😳

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I agree that it looks like she is afraid of getting hit. You can do 1 of two things a) Teach her how to wear a pitch correctly b)let her work through it on her own without you dwelling on it. Even if you do a) she will likely still need to do b)..

I was thinking the same thing. She is afraid of the ball and until she can face this fact, she will struggle with mechanics.

Oct 26, 2019
I was thinking the same thing. She is afraid of the ball and until she can face this fact, she will struggle with mechanics.
Totally agree. I have gone through this with several of my 10U girls as we transitioned from coach to kid pitch. I told them all individually the same thing. Without fear there is no courage. Think about how proud of yourself you will be when you stay in there and overcome it. Then let them work through it. Eventually they figure it out or stop playing. Getting hit is part of the game.

Dec 12, 2020
A little bit of progress this evening.

Her little sister was a trooper and pitched to her this evening. Beaned her twice, one that kept her down a min, on purpose we'll never know... She threw about 30% strikes, but they both wanted to keep going, even through the lulls. We probably doubled the amount of pitches she has seen this year, quantity not quality for the time being.

She was focusing on her forward move, but was still hesitant, and mechanically fell apart. But she finally swung, and she enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying