Sports that require hotels?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DS played AAU Basketball in SoCal and nearby states. He never played in a stay to play tournament. Usually there are so many teams at the major basketball tournaments that the logistics of hotel contracts would overwhelm the most organized of the TDs, instead they just charge outrageous door fees of all family members that show up.
Does the A/C work and are the bathrooms clean?

Jun 8, 2016
DS played AAU Basketball in SoCal and nearby states. He never played in a stay to play tournament. Usually there are so many teams at the major basketball tournaments that the logistics of hotel contracts would overwhelm the most organized of the TDs, instead they just charge outrageous door fees of all family members that show up.
Bolded isn't limited to major tournaments.. 🤣

May 6, 2015
Does the A/C work and are the bathrooms clean?
do they have enough towels.

once had a front desk tell me they had no extra towels, because they were full up. I asked, how do you not have adequate towels, "we do, we are just very full", "no, you do not have adequate towels if you cannot provide an extra for the three ladies in my room for their hair (DW, DD1, DD2), even if full"

got towels delivered 10 minutes later. that was only one issue with this hotel (workers working on exterior remodel relieving themselves in the parking lot between work vans was another, empty liquor bottles hidden inside half finished exterior facade another), we dubbed it the Worst Western

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I think it was mentioned but def cheerleading. Most comps that take place further from home are a 2 day event. So the big comps have stay-to-play. When the big big comps are in TX and FL - all the big teams from the country go there. Worlds is at Disney World - and you have to stay there for it.

Jun 27, 2021
lacrosse, although growing in the South. You still have to go to the bigger cities to play. Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte, DC, etc.

Not a fan of the stay to play format that has come out the last few years. Stay where you want individually or as a team.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
Spent 42 straight nights in hotels this summer between end of May and middle of July on a very extended softball trip...plus 10 more end of August early Sept...plus probably have another 10-15 this fall...it's ridonkulous.

May 4, 2021
My niece plays travel soccer all over the eastern US. Her brother plays travel hockey all over the eastern half of the US. They stay in hotels quite a bit for both of them obviously.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
As usual I don't follow instructions, but I would like to make this point. DD's college's Chess team has a bigger budget than the softball team and they are Internationally recognized. Also the Esports team travels, wins $$$ and offers college scholarships meanwhile the softball team offers no money! We picked the wrong activity!

If you saved your money for college instead of traveling in your or other states, throughout their playing years, you could make a dent in their education. 🤪

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors