Something brewing in Cal!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
How does things look in that area game/tourny now?
The issue for some in the Northeast (Not sure about PA but definitely NY, NJ, CT) is from many states you need to quarantine upon return. This is a logistical nightmare for any players that have in person school this fall and parents who need to go to work

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The issue for some in the Northeast (Not sure about PA but definitely NY, NJ, CT) is from many states you need to quarantine upon return. This is a logistical nightmare for any players that have in person school this fall and parents who need to go to work
How do they check who needs to be quarantined and status'eses?
State line boarder patrol?

Nov 5, 2014
How do they check who needs to be quarantined and status'eses?
State line boarder patrol?
I have heard they have enforcement personnel stationed at airports but I think a significant amount of compliance relies on the honor system. I may be comfortable with allowing my DD to travel to the states but I think it would be unfair of me to send her to school with other children whose parents don't get to choose who their child is in school with. Luckily for me DD is online for the entire fall so I don't have to worry about that situation other than to the extent it hinders her team from being able to compete.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
OK, @625ender so you were involved in the exploratory stages of CFL.. Cost isn't $150/kid its currently at $100 per team. You still need a team to play, those costs aren't going anywhere. According the the sites FAQ, teams sign up and play other teams for rating points. How does any of this challenge the existing TB organization as scams? What reasons do you think that players and parents go to these orgs for?

Jun 7, 2016
"We need to see your papers!"

Right, We have about 10 million vehicles daily running I-95 from Boston to DC (and points beyond). No way they can keep track of anyone.
Tho I did hear of a situation where a hi level team came back from GA this summer and another team ratted them out to the Director of the tourney that they were supposed to play the next weekend, and they were consequently banned.

Nov 5, 2014
"We need to see your papers!"

Right, We have about 10 million vehicles daily running I-95 from Boston to DC (and points beyond). No way they can keep track of anyone.
Tho I did hear of a situation where a hi level team came back from GA this summer and another team ratted them out to the Director of the tourney that they were supposed to play the next weekend, and they were consequently banned.
Unless there were 2 of these situations that was my DD's team. The interesting side note to that is there was no quarantine when we left. It was enacted while we were there. Everyone was tested when we cam back and was negative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr