Someone explain this to me Hitting Hype

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah but I see this on every hit even during regular season. They hype is so much that it takes away from the game as a spectator. It’s hard to hear commentators over the non stop dugout chanting. They need to turn the mics down for the on field actions.

I would suggest that it's not player enthusiasm that is the issue, but the mix of mic levels that is causing your distress. Maybe you can find a discussion forum on live college sports sound techs to complain to. Clearly, you don't know a damn thing about softball.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
when they are on base, mostly I have seen the ladies directing their cheers/screaming/whatever yuou want to call it back to their OWN dugout. they are trying to get their teammates pumped up, ie handing the bat next if you will.

I agree, sometimes the screaming (when it is pure screaming, not cheering) gets to me, but DD is always one of the first in her dugout to get a chant going. I love that, gets the team pumped and amped, nothing worse than being a tight game and having a silent dugout.

Feb 27, 2019
I love every bit of the enthusiasm and excitement coming from these girls. A couple of days back when the girls games stopped for the day, they cut to the men's college games and ugghhhhh. No excitement, dry announcers, quiet stadium, like a golf setting in comparison. give me the ladies any day.

Jun 8, 2016
I love every bit of the enthusiasm and excitement coming from these girls. A couple of days back when the girls games stopped for the day, they cut to the men's college games and ugghhhhh. No excitement, dry announcers, quiet stadium, like a golf setting in comparison. give me the ladies any day.
I like both. I don't watch the games for an adrenaline rush 🤷‍♂️

Nov 18, 2015
My HS daughter also made a similar observation regarding the screaming (Something along the lines of "Girl, please..."). I agree with "act like you've been there before", but can't fault anyone getting excited after a key hit in the WCWS that starts a rally or scores a run in a tight game. Even as an OU fan, I feel they're more excited for a single or double than when they hit a HR.

I haven't watched nearly as many regular season games as I'd have liked, so I don't know if this is still common when OU is up 25-1 on Hitten' Kitten's University.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think there is a limit to enthusiasm me with and its only my opinion.

I love all the cheers, chants and excitement...no problem...let young women have fun. Your hitting off great pitchers and
excited to get a hit, cool
This one girl, forget what team, got on by an error in an at bat, and literally was jumping up and down and screaming
at the top of her lungs.
Next time up she mishit a ball so bad that she got on again because it wasnt hit hard enough to reach a fielder and did the same thing. Literally jumping up and down screaming. I tend to draw the line there...hahaha.

Again, my opinion. Not saying right or wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
At PGF qualifier in Vegas, DD team started doing the "eat it up" thing where you act like you are holding a bowl and shoveling food into your mouth after you knock in a run or two. I have never seen them have so much fun. Sure some would find it obnoxious but I found it hilariously entertaining. (and we qualified!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45