Softball must haves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
We played a 14A team memorial weekend that rolled up in this:

2a5c9556-ba40-4c72-9b35-064064798fe1_zps61f818a2.jpg

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
What I call "high-speed training."

Translation: Coach knocks the snot out of the ball and you have to field it.

I like the softees at 10U and even for a first-year 12U team if experience is on the short side.

I also mix them in in all fielding drills because they give a different bounce and flight pattern than leather. I mix them in on front toss, too, as they give a different look to my hitters.

I front toss my TCB 82s along with the TCB wiffles (all mixed in together) as a warmup at tourneys and as a station at practice. That's why all the TCBs are in one bag....I just reach in pitch whichever version I happen to grab.

I like the idea of the hard hit softies; I'm going to try it. My college girl coaches tend to hit fungo way too hard, and it causes more harm than good IMO. I don't know why they think it's good to give girls the flinches; I battle them constantly on it. The softies might be the answer for everybody. Yes, we do the TCB grab bag too.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Speaking of the bus, that happened to me as a player. We wore sweatshirts as our uniform. We saw this team pull up in a bus, in their expensive uniforms and we were not impressed. We trounced them.

Apr 11, 2012
They were last seen heading south on I-35 :)

haha....and good for you....big money just to try out for org.

a millionaire owns and dumps crazy cash into that org......and they have several buses like that (I believe) and their own indoor facility in Wichita....we battle with that organization a lot (16's last year and 18GOLD this year)....and they are very well connected to the biggest clubs in the country, especially the Cali ones (SoCal A's / SoCal Choppers / OC Bat Busters, Worth Firecrackers, etc.)....

Mar 11, 2009
Pdiddy, what do you mean by they are very well connected to the biggest clubs in the country?
Thanks

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Speaking of the bus, that happened to me as a player. We wore sweatshirts as our uniform. We saw this team pull up in a bus, in their expensive uniforms and we were not impressed. We trounced them.

Fun, isn't it?

Last year, on my DD's 8U all-star team, we saw plenty of teams with matching bags/helmets/cleats. Our group of girls with mis-matched bags, and personalized helmets got great joy in beating the snot out of those teams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44