Shin Guard Straps coming Off

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2010
I manage/coach a 10U team. My catchers seem to run out of their shin guards 3 or 4 times a game/practice. The straps simply loosen and come out of the D-rings, all in one motion. Short of tieing them in a knot, does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Sep 3, 2009
Are they going through the D rings the right way? Once they're set, they shouldn't be loosening at all.

Jan 25, 2010
that's a fair question, absdad. i put the straps thru the rings exactly like the paperwork that cam with the guard said to. just wondering if i missed something...

Sep 3, 2009
Are the straps going through the "flat part" of the rings? The rings should be "D" shaped, and they should be going through the flat part. If you've got them set right, and on the flat part, then I'm a little stumped myself. I think we adjusted my dd's like 3 mos ago and every so often she gives them a tug to tighten up, but they've never come undone. Wierd

Jan 15, 2009
sometimes the elastic straps break down. I've taped the loose ends to prevent unraveling before, works as long as you don't need to adjust between kids.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish