scoring from 3b

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hal, who did you play for and when?

Late 70's I pitched for Joaquin Construction out of Modesto, CA. We won the ASA A Nationals in 79, was voted MV Pitcher for the tourney.

In 84 I was in a truck wreck, multiple roll over on the freeway, injuries took me out of the sport and into instructing several years later. Had to retire from that several years ago because of the same injuries.

Sep 10, 2009
dropped third strike

Saw this happen in a high school game this year. With runners on 2nd and 3rd, catcher dropped third strike and threw to first. 1st caught the ball and was focused on 3rd who just had a small lead, runner on 2nd has ran to third and is about 3/4 of the way there. That runner starts back for second base and now the 1st baseman sees her, waits, and throws to 2nd about 1/2 a step too late. As soon as 1st let the ball go runnner on 3rd broke for home. 2nd throws home and pitcher errantly intercepts, it would have been close. I dont know if it was a called play, the coach didnt hesitate to send 3rd home on the throw to second.

What should 1st should do in that situation. Had she thrown the ball just enough sooner to get the runner on second there is a good chance they could have got the runner out at home also. If she makes the throw to 2nd immediately theres going to be a pickle.

Carl

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06