Saw ANOTHER pitcher hit by batted ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
DD's 16's team has had a couple practice games with other local teams in the last week to get ready for summer after the hs season concluded.

Last night in the game before DD's, I saw an experienced pitcher on a second year 16's " A" level team take an awful shot which hit her in the side of her face. The last info I heard last night was that her cheek bone was confirmed broken. I saw it happen and it was awful to see, the batted ball hit her with absolutely no possibility to react. No how. No way. The bat was a garden variety Easton that you will see at any tournament you go to. This is the second pitcher I have seen hit in the face this year, the first was wearing a mask and was STILL injured although not as bad as being without.

Players, be a leader, wear your mask. Parents and coaches, require your DD's and players to wear masks. No excuses. Don't buy in to the BS that wearing a mask displays a lack of fortitude. This pitcher was no rookie and she didn't have a chance.

Last, say a prayer of healing for this young lady. I wish there is something more we could do.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl