RIP to the hit king

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Sure, why not?

If Ichiro had as many PA in MLB as Rose, with the same hit% he'd have surpassed him by 300 hits. .311 AVG to .303. If you had to pick someone for one plate appearance to get a hit, you're taking Ichiro over Rose.

Ichiro also owns the single season hits record, Rose's best season is tied for 36th with the likes of Tommy Davis. Ichiro is also 10th, and 18th.
Rose had a higher average, OBP, Slugging, OPS, OPS+, and total bases. Ichiro was a great player, but you cannot include what he did in Japan. He also had 800 more ABs in his combined career and over 1,000 more PA. His BA was 42 points higher in Japan, and his OBA was almost 70 points higher.

You're grasping at straws.

May 27, 2013
I'm not big on whataboutisms.
And personally, I really couldn’t care less about the baseball HOF. I’m just on here playing devil’s advocate because it cracks me up about the things that some will proclaim absolutes about.

And TBH, I’m not a Pete Rose fan but I was a Lawrence Taylor fan. So there you go. 😂

Oct 14, 2019
And personally, I really couldn’t care less about the baseball HOF. I’m just on here playing devil’s advocate because it cracks me up about the things that some will proclaim absolutes about.

And TBH, I’m not a Pete Rose fan but I was a Lawrence Taylor fan. So there you go. 😂
I don't have enough time to vet all the actors, singers, artists and athletes I enjoy watching. I don't care about any HOF either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livosbo