POLL- Will young/teenage want-to-be College athletes try harder because...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Try harder?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Wont influence at all

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • $$$$ drives effort

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Will young/teen want-to-be college athletes try harder now * befor college because they might get an NIL deal in college?

POLL can select two choices

Jun 8, 2016
If I select

Yes and Won't influence at all
or
No and $$$ drives effort

do you get to throw rotten fruit at me?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Female college athletes with the strongest social media presence will make the most in NIL. So the greatest opportunity is in how well you can dance on Tik toc

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I voted Yes. Not all athletes will be motivated by NIL money but some athletes certainly will be motivated by the potential of earning 1 million dollars or more. Definitely rare for a female or male collegiate athlete to make that amount of money but it is possible.

The link below talks about Paige Buecker's NIL deal. Paige is a female basketball player that plays for UConn. She is the basketball player in the Gatorade commercial below.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I voted Yes. Not all athletes will be motivated by NIL money but some athletes certainly will be motivated by the potential of earning 1 million dollars or more. Definitely rare for a female or male collegiate athlete to make that amount of money but it is possible.

The link below talks about Paige Buecker's NIL deal. Paige is a female basketball player that plays for UConn. She is the basketball player in the Gatorade commercial below.

Like the commercial!
Don't care for Gatorade as a product.

Can see the inspiration they're going for towards youth.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Pole selection yes $ can influence.
Also think there will be those that want their face and likeness splashed around, that in itself can influence.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Like the commercial!
Don't care for Gatorade as a product.

Can see the inspiration they're going for towards youth.
Not a fan of sports drinks myself. I don't like to drink my calories unless those calories come from beer.

The big money NIL deals are very rare in female collegiate sports. I would be more interested in finding out if players are being persuaded by team deals. I believe it was Texas Tech (not positive on the college name) that had a $10,000 per year NIL deal for each softball player on the team. Pretty sure there are others. $10,000 per year is nothing to sneeze at during college.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221