POLL~ Game Situation YOUR CHOICE

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What batter should do.

• Be selective on what to swing at.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Dont be so selective.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Walk is ok.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • If she can reach pitch, hit it.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2024
Earth
A little situational fun here on dfp
🎉enjoy

How would you like to see this game situation played out?

Bottom 7th inning.
Your team at bat.
Your team down by 1 run.
There is 1 out.
Runners on 2nd and 3rd.
Your batter up is nicknamed
'Big Boombah' 😁
She is the only one on the team with a .500 batting average. The rest of the team batting average is

1. Do you want her to be selective on Pitch locations she may swing at?

2. Don't be so selective?

3. Walk is ok.

4. If she can reach the pitch with her bat want her to hit it.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018
CT
She’s probably going to be intentionally walked, so what she should do probably won’t matter. But, if a team is dumb enough to pitch to her, hit the ball. Just don’t strike out or pop up.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I am going to remind her, that if they pitch to her, they are probably going to work drop ball inside trying to get a ground ball to the 3rd baseman. Be aware of this and launch a flyball like we practiced in this situation. You have put in the work and have earned the right to be confident. Go get it done. Lets walk it off right now. Nobody better.

Never use the word DON'T. Never coach a player on what not to do. Tell them what to do.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Not going to put any more pressure on the player than any other situation. She already knows it is a pressure situation, no need to add more pressure by a coach telling her that this is a big at bat.

If I am coaching 3rd base. I will probably not say anything more than "Lets go Big Boombah"

If the other coach calls time out. I will probably still say the same thing, and let the batter prepare for the at bat the same way she prepares for every other at bat. I believe the time spent during the timeout is better off used reminding the base runners of what to do. How many times have you seen a runner on 3rd base not tag up on a line drive to the outfield because they got to far off the bag and did not freeze on a line drive? I see this all the time, even by high level travel players. Brain fart.

I chose "Be selective" which is why the player probably has .500 batting average to begin with.

Nov 9, 2021
If she already hits that well I don’t want her doing anything different. Tell her I am looking forward to watching her walk it off and I send her into the batters box. Always like to put a positive thought in their mind as they go into the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalWood1013