Point Blank What Is The Hottest bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
My DD has two Xeno's and two Rocketech's. This weekend in 70° weather she grabbed the Rocketech out and used it. I feel it's got much more pop than the Xeno. However, she seems to swing an end load better than a balanced.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My DD has two Xeno's and two Rocketech's. This weekend in 70° weather she grabbed the Rocketech out and used it. I feel it's got much more pop than the Xeno. However, she seems to swing an end load better than a balanced.

Check the balance on her bats, our xeno is more end loaded than our rt.

Just a guess basically....dd has hit the longest over the fence home runs with rt. She has hit more hr with xeno. My guess is: perfect hit rt is longer, xeno larger sweet spot. Last practice, dad playing lf, so she says "I am adjusting". If pitcher (me) didnt react super fast, it would be the next compasion post on here, snagged it right before it hit me in the fore head.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
My neighbor's lawn is greener than mine. Should I ask him what tools he uses and how much time he spends working on it (while I'm away at DD's tournaments) or should I just buy his house and move?

Jan 25, 2011
Any bat placed in the hands of girl,that has spent the time working on her mech.The girl that hits a 100 or more balls a night,weather off a tee,front toss,soft toss,pitching machine and live pitching.A girl that looks at the best hitters in the world and studies what they do,and the girl always looking to improve.I guess ,I look at it this way,I could fake my way in a job interview,tell them what they want to hear,but when it is time to do the job and Iam not qualified for the job what then? Thats kind of how I feel about the bats,yes you might be able to hit some good ones with it but if you havent put the time in to learn what a good swing looks like ,it will catch up to you.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
Any bat placed in the hands of girl,that has spent the time working on her mech.The girl that hits a 100 or more balls a night,weather off a tee,front toss,soft toss,pitching machine and live pitching.A girl that looks at the best hitters in the world and studies what they do,and the girl always looking to improve.I guess ,I look at it this way,I could fake my way in a job interview,tell them what they want to hear,but when it is time to do the job and Iam not qualified for the job what then? Thats kind of how I feel about the bats,yes you might be able to hit some good ones with it but if you havent put the time in to learn what a good swing looks like ,it will catch up to you.

Sound advice in my opinion.

I’ve been asked a number of times what bat should I buy my daughter, and the kid has a poor swing. I tell the parent the mechanics IMO are more important than the bat, a $300 bat is not going to make a big difference with a poor swing. I tell them use the money on instructions with a good coach and when the swing gets good enough for an expensive bat the parent will know. By the time the swing improves for the younger kids the bat size required will change and you have an expensive bat laying in the closet.

I told my daughter years ago when she asked for an expensive bat, you have to earn the bat by practice, hard work and improving your swing. When she was hitting balls that bounce over for the fence for doubles and line drives to the outfield I realized it was time bite the bullet.

IMO the three hotest bats are Xenox, RT and D Insane and not much differenct.

Has any one noticed the Xenox when a ball is not hit solid it seems to have a funny spin which makes it hard to field?

Jul 26, 2010
Which bat does her hitting coach recommend? You are spending money on hitting lessons before a bat, right?

-W

Dec 9, 2011
Which bat does her hitting coach recommend? You are spending money on hitting lessons before a bat, right?

-W
Yes she has a hitting coach she is a coach that is a former D1 coach. But she likes the 454's and CF4's. My daughter has a CF4 currently but I think I may get her a CF5 insane after the reviews I have read

Apr 11, 2012
"it's the cowboy....not the gun" is an old saying which applies here. But as long as we are talking about the best gun that cowboy could holster.....

Toxic (-9) - two piece hybrid and is ridiculously hot....and will probably make the banded list soon. We have three girls using these model and they have been crushing balls with them, it's end loaded and has a smaller length barrel, so it's not for hitters who get jammed alot.
CF5 Insane (-9) - very hot bat, needs some breaking in too, is end loaded and a great bat for power hitters.
Worth 454 (-8) - two strikes against already in ASA testing I have heard, so it's hot and is a balanced bat.
CF5 (-10) - great bat, needs some breaking in and is balanced
Stealth (-9) - awesome all around bat
Xeno (-10) - these bats seem inconsistent from model to model and needs broken in. It's the result of the TPS banded "catalyst" model that has a washer system in it now that makes the weird glass breaking sound. But don't get me wrong, alot of the Xeno models are great....and we have several players using them....they don't however, seem to do well in cooler temperatures compared to other bats.
Nanotek (-10) - sorry, but not a fan of these at all....only 2 colleges endorse Anderson bats, and one is a JuCo....we had one girl using a Anderson Nanotek and after we told her to punt it permantently, she picked up a Stealth and has been making a steady climb up the batting order ever since. Maybe some old metal Anderson's are good still, but their newer composite models are not very popular it seems....

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
"it's the cowboy....not the gun" is an old saying which applies here. But as long as we are talking about the best gun that cowboy could holster.....

Nanotek (-10) - sorry, but not a fan of these at all....only 2 colleges endorse Anderson bats, and one is a JuCo....we had one girl using a Anderson Nanotek and after we told her to punt it permantently, she picked up a Stealth and has been making a steady climb up the batting order ever since. Maybe some old metal Anderson's are good still, but their newer composite models are not very popular it seems....

That's probably because Anderson doesn't make composites.

IMO, in the hands of a good hitter an Anderson Rocketech, including the current 2012 model, will hang with or exceed the performance of all the bats you listed, athough some pre-ABI composites are hotter.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
That's probably because Anderson doesn't make composites.

IMO, in the hands of a good hitter an Anderson Rocketech, including the current 2012 model, will hang with or exceed the performance of all the bats you listed, athough some pre-ABI composites are hotter.

Yes!
I don't think I have ever seen a girl using a NANOTEK! I see lots of d2 and d3 unsupported college girls swinging Rocketechs. Most colleges swing what they are giving, you want to judge what the bats are by what colleges are using, you have to look to the schools where the kids provide their own bats.

RS (rotten son) swings a nanotek, the fillings in my teeth ring every hit! Like hitting a tuning fork then touching it to your teeth, or putting it in your ear. Tags the ball nice, but the sound is unbearable!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06