Best/Hottest Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2014
Mizuno Carbon One -8 is hottest I've seen. My DD will go back and forth between that and a Ghost in the cage and the difference is striking in terms of EV/distance. Sweet spot is likely smaller that others, and you pay for any jam shots with the one-piece vibration, but if you hit it right? Its gonna go.

I find it interesting that so many college teams use them, but you don't see them all that much within many bigtime travel programs. And almost non-existent at the HS level (in my experience).

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Mizuno Carbon One -8 is hottest I've seen. My DD will go back and forth between that and a Ghost in the cage and the difference is striking in terms of EV/distance. Sweet spot is likely smaller that others, and you pay for any jam shots with the one-piece vibration, but if you hit it right? Its gonna go.

I find it interesting that so many college teams use them, but you don't see them all that much within many bigtime travel programs. And almost non-existent at the HS level (in my experience).
Colleges use the bats of the companies who sponsor them. In eight years of travel ball, and six years of high school ball, I've never seen a Mizuno in use. Now, that's just anecdotal since I don't see every bat in a girl's bag, but that's a lot of games without seeing one. I have had more than a few inquiries this year for the new F23 line because they're pretty prevalent in D1 games, and I have sold a bunch to girls, but none from my area. My daughters both tried a demo F23 CRBN 2, and neither cared for it. But that's just personal choice. It's still a very good bat with a very attractive price point.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

It also depends what you are doing. If you are using a 34/24 and then a 34/26 in cages...when you connect, the drop8 will send it. Has
she used it in a game?
You arent gonna see many drop8s around anywhere.

Colleges do like the one piece, thats for sure. Of the Mizuno colleges, many girls like the Carbon1 because they dont mind
the feedback and they are at a point if they are in college playing ball, that have the strength to make the bat work
for them.
Mizuno is a big seller for me because their whole lineup is made up of good bats and great pricing.

Aug 27, 2014
It also depends what you are doing. If you are using a 34/24 and then a 34/26 in cages...when you connect, the drop8 will send it. Has
she used it in a game?
You arent gonna see many drop8s around anywhere.

Colleges do like the one piece, thats for sure. Of the Mizuno colleges, many girls like the Carbon1 because they dont mind
the feedback and they are at a point if they are in college playing ball, that have the strength to make the bat work
for them.
Mizuno is a big seller for me because their whole lineup is made up of good bats and great pricing.
She uses the drop 8 in games. She is a HS senior over 6 feet tall so despite my initial skepticism, she has shown she can handle it. My problem is I try to limit how much she uses it in the cage/with HitTrax because those Carbon1's only seem to have but so many swings in them before they start to degrade/crack (as with any bat, but with her, seems to happen a little quicker with the Carbon1 than her other bats).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee