Best/Hottest Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2022
Was having a debate this weekend. What is the hottest bat that you can still find out there? Blue 2018 Ghost seemed to be a popular pick….but the CF(8?) Spryte got some love too…

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2021
Its whatever you hit the best with...there is the answer to this each and every time its posted :D
Agree with that. I think comfort level and confidence go a long way.

I think that there is also a difference between hot hitting off a tee for exit velo and velo from hitting a moving ball. The highest that my daughter has gotten off a tee is 78mph with a 2021 drop 10 Xeno, highest moving ball is with a ghost unlimited drop 9 with a 78 mph. her old ghost advanced was hot off a tee, but I didnt think that it was hot off a pitched ball.

But if you look at averages through an entire hitting session for my daughter, the 2022 drop 9 Xeno is the hottest on average with a lot of balls in the 73/74/75 range every session.

She broke her unlimited (it lasted longer than any other ghost she has had.. it made it through 40 games this fall, but ended the season with as 5 inch exposed crack) and the warranty is supposed to be in today or tomorrow. The old one was hot and she swung it well, so I am excited to see how it performs in comparison. She was very consistent with that bat, was one hit away from hitting .500 with it playing a tough schedule through the fall.

The furthest balls she has ever hit in a game were with the xeno, one on a 32 degree day that flew the 200 foot temp fence and bounced off a 285 foot mens fence and she hit another last week in a scrimmage that was scorched.

I did see her swing a drop 8 mantra, that weighed in at a drop 6.5 that she was smoking the ball with off a tee... but she said that there is no way she could hit a fast pitcher with it.

The two hardest hit balls I saw from others in last year ... one came off a drop 10 lxt and the other off an old demarini.

There are a ton of factors, weight, balanced or end loaded, how each kid's swing match to the bat, etc. most of the bats are very close to each other and it comes down to what bat the player is comfortable with and matches their swing the best.

Dec 18, 2022
Its whatever you hit the best with...there is the answer to this each and every time its posted :D

I agree with this 110%

My question was more just friendly debate of “hottest” bat of all time (well last 10 years). Was more of a debate between a couple softball dads over a few beers vs looking for a recommendation.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I agree with this 110%

My question was more just friendly debate of “hottest” bat of all time (well last 10 years). Was more of a debate between a couple softball dads over a few beers vs looking for a recommendation.

I got it...what one kid thinks is great...your kid may hate. Its best to try them out for yourself. Find out if you like balanced bats,
heavier bats, flexy, less flex...yada yada.

And honestly, NO way would I pay some of these prices for what people think the hottest bats of all time are, considering they
are NR bats if you find them. Plus, imo, they arent any better...a lot of it is mental.

Slowpitch guys are the worst for this question. You can have a bat sit around for a year that nobody wants, then one guy will post
its the hottest thing going, then they all sell out. Like it wasnt hot a year ago...hahaha. Or some store will do a exclusive paint job,
and omg, its the hottest bat...meanwhile the main line paint job sits there...same exact bat...but that one isnt as hot...hahahaha.
I wish I knew ahead of time the warped mind of slowpitch guys, so I could put bats aside until they wanna call them hot and pay 2 times
what its worth :D

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
“hottest” bat of all time (well last 10 years).
Never owned a Orange Worth Legit.
Never owned a Rawlings bat of any year or model.
Owned only one Demarini, a black & red CF6, hot as a match, fantastic bat!

Rocketech’s, they are what they are, I loved them but it always took to right girl to swing one!

Now on to the mainstream around here, LS, Easton, Mizuno, blah blah blah….

You mentioned the last 10 years, in that span there’s no doubt in my mind that the 2017 LS LXT was the hottest bat my DD ever held, touched, or swung in her softball days! Rocket Fracking Launcher!! Or as @pattar would say…”wicked hot!”

And yeah she followed that up with a 2018 Blue Ghost, actually a couple or three of them. And in her little female teenage mind she thought it was hotter than the LXT, the results didn’t agree with her, she was just keeping up with the Joneses!

Jun 8, 2016
Never owned a Orange Worth Legit.
Never owned a Rawlings bat of any year or model.
Owned only one Demarini, a black & red CF6, hot as a match, fantastic bat!

Rocketech’s, they are what they are, I loved them but it always took to right girl to swing one!

Now on to the mainstream around here, LS, Easton, Mizuno, blah blah blah….

You mentioned the last 10 years, in that span there’s no doubt in my mind that the 2017 LS LXT was the hottest bat my DD ever held, touched, or swung in her softball days! Rocket Fracking Launcher!! Or as @pattar would say…”wicked hot!”

And yeah she followed that up with a 2018 Blue Ghost, actually a couple or three of them. And in her little female teenage mind she thought it was hotter than the LXT, the results didn’t agree with her, she was just keeping up with the Joneses!
I kept my accent but don’t use wicked much, if at all, anymore.

Dec 5, 2017
My two cents based on a very limited sample size-Combat maxuum one piece. Dd had cf8 and 9 afterwards, didn't hit like she did with the Combat. One season of rec ball, half the team was using hers and that probably contributed to it breaking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45