Pitching Workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'm thinking I shouldn't ask!!

There is an fixation with the hair. It can carry over into the idiosyncrasies. You can use it to predict pitches in the older girls. Eliminate them in DD. I got brushes and headbands in my bucket. Hair has to be perfect before we start. I mean not lose, and or falling, or needing constant attention. Wearing the catchers helmet broke DD of that, she knows her hair is going to be a mess when it is all said and done.

When the chlorine (and curling iron) ruined her hair, and we cut it, I realized that I could tell alot by how the ponytail was flipping... First thing is you would want it to do the same thing every time....I know you can take this from here.....

I thought you liked the fast back exercise I showed you.... that would keep Mom out of it.... I ALWAYS get in trouble anytime Mom gets into anything involving Fastpitch, except fundraising. She don't want in it, and gives us both grief. She always sayes, "Why can't you kids just play together" lol.... really

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I agree. Playing time is king. Luckily there are lots of tiers for kids to find the playing time.

True... When playing time is the king, then Daddy is the queen, (nothing discriminatory intended) just following the context. Typical of the feudalistic approach that governs Fastpitch. The monarchy of the ICEage. They have them prove their intent by wreckless disregard for there own pain, and by bringing it to others. Triggered by the artificial exhilaration of size, that starsnuffer explained, or the lack there of in his lordship, or the expectation of it due to his stature, and aided by his birthright to govern. Then they must become Emperors, when they lose. And everyone is supposed to say "losing is ok, its alright to hit them, you know if her arm hurts and gets red, just ice it...everyone has done that forever.... So the ICE bag become Seal of Approval...

Hey Cesar... your naked :mad:

Jul 17, 2012
I thought you liked the fast back exercise I showed you.... that would keep Mom out of it.... I ALWAYS get in trouble anytime Mom gets into anything involving Fastpitch, except fundraising. She don't want in it, and gives us both grief. She always sayes, "Why can't you kids just play together" lol.... really
I think you mistake her "fear of the batter". She's not worried about the batter hitting the ball back at her... she's worried about hitting the batter with the pitch.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I think you mistake her "fear of the batter". She's not worried about the batter hitting the ball back at her... she's worried about hitting the batter with the pitch.

No mistake, I picked up on that with you making the statue... You can accomplish that by doing it, and not even have to sent it back fast...I knew that would take some practice from you to do. But your standing up like the batter...are you with me ??? Amy has also suggested catching with the right hand... I'm on the hunt for a lefty glove for that. I can see how that would give her more focus by having to catch with the other hand. You could even hold the bat with left, and glove in right... just guessing you and DD are right handers... you know opposite if not. Be the statue... :{)) I should have never got you so comfortable in that chair... lol ...Its just a little preview for next year... when she starts putting it across there 80% of the time, like Starsnuffer says, next year, you'll be saying "You just can't keep giving them meatballs right across the plate"...Now you comfortable in the chair, Get up and be the statue LOL

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
While it doesn't surprise me at all that there are many proponents of icing the pitching shoulder, my only ask of you and others is that you do some research on the issue before you take it as face value from college camps and players that icing is beneficial. Lots of times people do and teach what they were taught as kids and the cycle of misinformation goes on and on...In fact there is support for the argument that icing prevents the body's natural healing process. But if icing works for your DD and no harm comes of it, than certainty continue to use it. I'm just not an advocate for it and have not seen it necessary for the average pitcher, especially young ones with healthy bodies.

Hey where did you go??? Going on weeks now... I would like to see your links against using ICE ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie