Pitching too much fractured a rib

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
One of our players during her second year in D1 school broke a rib that was up near her underarm. I had never thought about ribs being there.

Anyway, bones can break, accidents can happen. It isn't necessarily because someone was overworked. But people always look for someone to blame for something.

I've even heard of car accidents being blamed on sports. Geez!! Whatever happened to walking 5 miles to school in the snow? Up hill—both ways!

Dec 20, 2012
During nationals my dd had some pain and popping in her right shoulder. It was a snapping/popping scapula. The cause was a rib that popped out of place. I think it was rib #3 and it was just out enough for the shoulder blade, scapula, to hit every time it went by. The physical therapist said that it could be caused by many things. Sleeping wrong, a sneeze, pitching, ... There was no chance of it causing any damage only the slight pain and nuisance of the pop. After 4 weeks of therapy(massage) it was better. The muscles were tight, from pitching and lifting, and needed to be loosened up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing