PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
She lost a game to a local Catholic school 1-0. In that game, she allowed one hit to the opposing pitcher, who that day, at least, found her control. It was surprising to me because I've seen the opposing pitcher walk 12 girls, hit five, and throw four wild pitches in the same game, and she's a D1 recruit, too.

The point is it can happen to anyone on any given day. Even Mariano lost a few...

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We had a local pitcher that did not give up a earned run the entire High School season this year, including the playoffs. I thought that was very impressive. It was Lemont High School. They lost one game this season, she did not pitch that game. The school they lost to is not that good.

They won the 3A championship in Illinois. The championship game score was 0-1. That game went 12 innings.

Jun 8, 2016
We had a local pitcher that did not give up a earned run the entire High School season this year, including the playoffs. I thought that was very impressive. It was Lemont High School. They lost one game this season, she did not pitch that game. The school they lost to is not that good.

They won the 3A championship in Illinois. The championship game score was 0-1. That game went 12 innings.
I bet some DFP member's uncle saw her lose..

Sep 15, 2015
I bet some DFP member's uncle saw her lose..

No, but I did have a very close up view of this same pitcher win the state title the year before. She threw no hitters in both championship games, as I recall. (Maybe someone else can come on and talk about their loss this year.) Totally extraordinary. But that’s also HS softball: I am not sure I can think of a team sport where one position has more influence on the team’s success, yet even so, the team still has to score and (usually) make some outs in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
No, but I did have a very close up view of this same pitcher win the state title the year before. She threw no hitters in both championship games, as I recall. (Maybe someone else can come on and talk about their loss this year.) Totally extraordinary. But that’s also HS softball: I am not sure I can think of a team sport where one position has more influence on the team’s success, yet even so, the team still has to score and (usually) make some outs in the field.

And she beat Apastolakos in that game.

The only other position I can think of with equal importance is a hockey goalie.

Jun 8, 2016

Kid on DD's TB carried her team to the State championship last year. No hitter and one hitter in the semis and championship game respectively as a freshmen. She is having a bit of soph. slump this year and teams have been messing with her. It's questionable whether she pauses for a full second with her hands together in her windup and coaches have been getting illegal pitches called. Last game she changed her windup all together..Didn't have one illegal pitch called the whole TB season. On a related note, with the no drag rule taking effect next year, keeping that rule seems kind of dumb since I think it is there to limit gaining extra momentum..

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Dragging something could do that!
Right so my point is they are eliminating one rule to limit momentum (dragging) why keep the other one (making a pitcher have hands in front of body for at least a full second)? Unless there is some other reason for that rule that I cannot think of.

May 17, 2023
Hey Diamond - I hope you are well!

I’d expect a great pitcher to lose once in a while, even against who we might perceive as an inferior team. It reminds us that they are still mortal. I guess I’m just a little bewildered as to why some are focused on her losses?

I have noticed over the years there is a crowd out there who quietly roots against these top players in school ball. We had pitcher/catcher in same class who won two state titles basically on their own.

Yet I routinely heard other parents and opposing fans talk about they weren't really that good. Or couldn't believe they could play on the top TB team regionally.

Both went on to P5 schools and have had good success. The reason they are a top TB player and D1 recruit is because they can give a top team a chance to win. It isn't because they blow every hitter away or never make outs at the plate. Just because Sally got a bloop hit doesn't mean the girl can't work through an SEC lineup, as she has proved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06