PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2023
That is a scientific explanation..think..(hint: speed is distance/time..)

Yeah I think what was looking for is Motion Parralax maybe??

It is because the pitch from side is being tracked by our eye across still objects in the background, so easier to judge the speed. Whereas the pitch from behind/in front is simply moving toward/away from a stagnant background. So one appears faster that the other.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah I think what was looking for is Motion Parralax maybe??

It is because the pitch from side is being tracked by our eye across still objects in the background, so easier to judge the speed. Whereas the pitch from behind/in front is simply moving toward/away from a stagnant background. So one appears faster that the other.
Yeah, if you cannot judge distance you cannot judge speed.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
I am trying to be an as*, not have a serious conversation :LOL:

DD's team has a legit #1 but the coach sticks to his rotation for the most part..I give him credit for it even though I have walked out of the complex a few times when I saw who was starting :cautious: (one time he called me after and asked why I left..had me scrambling)

"I had to poop, Coach"

Jul 18, 2022
No way they'd do it in Florida in July/August. If there's one thing you can guarantee, it's rain every day in Florida in the summer. Indiana would make more sense.
Alliance moves around every year depending on their division, right? Glad 12U will be local this upcoming year.

OK Athletics 12U were on fire, seemed like a nice bunch of kids and parents, too. :)

I was going to comment on another thread, but completely agree. The skill gap between all the teams were not as large as other tournaments. I think that might be one reason PGF has so many more participants, you get more teams without as much skill. Still a lot of great teams in there but the skill range is larger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan