PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
That pitch wasn't called illegal (they didn't call one illegal pitch the whole TB season) but what they are saying in HS ball is that she doesn't have her hands together in front of her body for the requisite "around 1 second"..I agree though that if they are going to call an illegal pitch it is because of what you mentioned..

"Beginning of the pitch: USA Softball and NFHS: The pitch begins when, after the hands are put together, they are separated or the pitcher makes any motion that is part of their windup after the hands are together. The hands may not be put back together again or touch again during the delivery prior to the release. "
Meanwhile last game, the opposing pitcher was taking the sign off the pitcher's plate and stepping out of the pitcher's lane on half her pitchers. That HC is a PITA..they are playing each other again tonight..I am resisting going to the game and picking a fight with her..

Aug 15, 2021
And most of those hits are caught in travel ball. When your HS team has two starters in the outfield who wear pink helmets when they bat, you know you have holes.
There was a girl on my DDs HS team that wore a pink helmet. My wife was doing game changer so I could watch the game. Batter comes up and her name is listed as "pink". We know her name now, but we still call her pink :)

May 13, 2023
Meanwhile last game, the opposing pitcher was taking the sign off the pitcher's plate and stepping out of the pitcher's lane on half her pitchers. That HC is a PITA..they are playing each other again tonight..I am resisting going to the game and picking a fight with her..
Do you think any of that pitching stuff affected your hitters?

Jun 8, 2016
Do you think any of that pitching stuff affected your hitters?
Isn't my team (DD is still in 8th grade and won't play for them even though that pitcher is telling her to transfer :ROFLMAO: ) and that opposing pitcher is meh so nobody complains about her. I just follow all the kids on DD's TB team during their HS season because I am a loser with nothing better to do.

That opposing team is the rival team to the HS team DD is going to play for (she is going to play for Norman High, other team is Norman North). HC coach used to play for OU before they were any good so she thinks she walks on water..

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
and that opposing pitcher is meh so nobody complains about her
That's what stands out to me...
is that people generally will complain about umpiring/rules when the other team/pitcher is beating them.

For those...It's not really the rules that matter,
As much as it is the agony of defeat that prompts deflecting losing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG