Parent problem..... already?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have found that is it always a good idea to set expectations up front and let the parents know that 6U REC ball is about learning and having fun. It is not about winning. At the end of the season if all the kids have improved and want to play again next season, the coach has done their job.

Jun 24, 2011
When I coached in rec, I had a select few parents who were very vocal and antagonistic about things they didn't like on our team. I politely suggested for them to get involved and take their own team if they thought their methods would work better. Complaints ceased.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
what kind of hassles are they causing? My take on rec coaching was always "I'm not getting paid so if you think you can do better then here is the clipboard c-ya". As a result I never had any drama or complaints (that I heard anyway) I think when you truly don't give a rats posterior about what people think then they kind of sense it and dont bother.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If she thinks she has an Issue now, wait until she meets the grandparents at the games. :)

The most obnoxious fan I have ever heard was a chain smoking grandmother who cussed like a sailor and thought her DGD was the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Oct 22, 2009
I have a parent of an 8yr old that doesn't want her to practice that much and put that much effort into skills, because he's already worried about burn out and wants her to pace herself.

It takes all kinds:p

Jun 11, 2013
I don't know if their has ever been a grandparent thread, but I bet we could get some good stories out there for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl