Overhand throwing velocity. What is the highest you have ever seen recorded?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'd like to see a baseball player try and throw a softball at 84 MPH. I bet even that would be a stretch because of the size of the ball.

Jun 8, 2016
I'd like to see a baseball player try and throw a softball at 84 MPH. I bet even that would be a stretch because of the size of the ball.
Max underhand velo for men is what? 80? 85? I think you give Shawon Dunston a running start and he could probably throw it 84 ;)

Jun 8, 2016
How about Bob Feller? We could recreate the motorcycle test..You saw him pitch live right? :ROFLMAO:

Is that you @LEsoftballdad riding the motorcycle? Where you get the cop uniform from?

Ok I am done..

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
Yeah, I’d be pretty shocked by that number. Is she an OF or IF? Was it recorded during a throw on the field or just an overhand throw into a net type deal?

College recruitable HS age baseball players hit mid-upper 80’s minimum from an OF throw to 3B or home. If she is hitting mid-80’s, that’s pretty impressive.

She plays infield, and catcher. She is a freshman at what I would call a top 5 college in the nation in terms of softball. She is a very good softball player but as soon as I heard 84mph overhand I had to call bullshit.

Don't want to get into much more detail about the specific player since the words can from someone who is not closely related to the player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles