Opinions on bat comparison...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
Dd swings a blue xeno like the one pictured above. Hers is well used on her 2nd replacement grip. Nice bats.

Feb 1, 2021
I have yet to see a ghost be outperformed.

Based on what? Your perception of what another bat would do? What is your experience with the RXT? Ever used a broken-in one? Ever even seen one being used? It's not a popular bat, and I'm perfectly fine with that, but it's a hidden gem.

We are Ghost fans too. It's a high-performance bat, we hit them for a long time with the same assumptions as you; that nothing else could match it. We were wrong as are you.

If you want performance and don't mind the hassle, by all means, buy a Ghost. I will double down however and repeat my previous comment, the RXT and XENO are performance equals to the Ghost, last longer, and are cheaper. I have long term, real world experience with both bats. My experience does not support your opinion.

Jun 6, 2018
Have had 2 girls on my oldest’s 16u team go to them when they first came out. The one stayed with it simply because she needed a bat more like a Demarini (lighter/balanced) the other said it didn’t have the same pop and went to a ghost advanced.

I have had girls try all bats and best I have seen for those needing a light balanced feel is the Lxt. Was interested in the Meta since it is termed the ghost killer and going to be unlike anything else. Well if the demos are any indicator the Meta is going to be a failure as exit velocity is not even close to the ghosts.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you want performance and don't mind the hassle, by all means, buy a Ghost. I will double down however and repeat my previous comment, the RXT and XENO are performance equals to the Ghost, last longer, and are cheaper. I have long term, real world experience with both bats. My experience does not support your opinion.

Do you think others havent used all kinds of bats as well. You post your pics of a couple bats...there are parents that have 50 bats
sitting around or have had that many. Your experience is OPINION as well as anybody else's. So you are a LS fan, its all good
and its good your dd found the bat that fits her style/feel/swing...etc.
Just like you have people that will stand by Easton...doesnt mean they havent tried all bats and formed their own
conclusions from their "experience". From Guru's experience, Ghosts perform better than anythign he has used.

There are also girls that will hit a certain bat better...no matter what. What one girl thinks is great, another wont hit as good with
and vice versa. Its a science most will never understand :)

Feb 1, 2021
Do you think others havent used all kinds of bats as well. You post your pics of a couple bats...there are parents that have 50 bats
sitting around or have had that many. Your experience is OPINION as well as anybody else's. So you are a LS fan, its all good
and its good your dd found the bat that fits her style/feel/swing...etc.
Just like you have people that will stand by Easton...doesnt mean they havent tried all bats and formed their own
conclusions from their "experience". From Guru's experience, Ghosts perform better than anythign he has used.

There are also girls that will hit a certain bat better...no matter what. What one girl thinks is great, another wont hit as good with
and vice versa. Its a science most will never understand :)

Well this is getting interesting. Gurus experience is actually someone else's experience. You can validate that 'experience' if you choose. I chose not to.

We can put thoughts I did not convey here saying I said something I did not. Thats fine too. I never said there was a superior bat. Just that despite its popularity, there are bats that perform the same. That addresses the OPs point, unlike jumping my rear here for sharing it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not validating anybodys opinions and far from "jumping on anybody"...as i stay away from what bat is better stuff and didnt even say you were wrong at all as you have taken the time to decide what bat works for your dd...just seemed like you stressed experiences were something other than an opinion just like his. Every one of these which bats are better threads are everybodys opinions based on their experiences...and its all based on what bat each kid swings better...which can change from kid to kid.

If I read it wrong, then def my bad

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
DD is at a Louisville school.

She would swing her Advanced again in a heartbeat if she had the chance.

She doesn’t hate on her Xeno, she just doesn’t like it as good as her Ghosts.

Whats the deal with RXT again? Only saw one or two this spring in college games, it’s that balanced or heavier feel or what?

Dec 11, 2010
😇😇😇

My extra effort to not be abrasive shows, lol!

Trust me, it doesn’t come easy. I’m sure I lead the board in post deletes and edits.

Apr 6, 2017
What’s the deal with the RXT?
I wonder that myself. I’d think about one for Dd but they say it’s geared for a power hitter
and I don’t put Dd in that club. I’d be interested in how the RXT performs for a contact hitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01