Sigh - 2 broken bats in 5 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
My daughter is not a power hitter. She is a slapper who can also hit away. She has never put one over the fence but rather is a contact hitter. She takes very good care of her equipment but has broken 2 bats in 5 months now. The first was a 2020 Xeno and it broke literally in half at connection - we used the warranty to replace it with a 2021 LXT. This weekend she told me her bat is broken at connection again! I don't know what to do. What do we replace this one with. Ugh!!! I hear Ghosts break all the time too? Her 2018 Xeno was a beast and lasted nearly 3 years. I am just hesitant to by another Slugger now after she broke 2 in 5 months. They will not replace the LXT because it was the warranty bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
No explanation for the broken bat(s)...my girls have broken DeMarini's, Eastons, and a Mizuno. They haven't spent a lot of time with a Xeno or an LXT (their college team now has several available so they are using them somewhat in practice). I have to say though, they really like the Mizuno Power Carbon that they got as a replacement for the first one they busted and from what I hear the newer model years (theirs is a F-19) are more durable, less sting and have a larger sweet spot. Seeing a lot of college teams recently doing damage with them as well. If your DD hasn't swung one yet have her give it a try. The weight and balance is as it should be also which I would think would be a plus for your kid. Oh yeah, contact Coresoftball on here if you decide to purchase...he's been fantastic over the years!

ps. Msg me with who your DD is playing for this year...she was always fun to play against and to watch on the field!

May 20, 2015
we just got a sharktooth on a dual stamp ghost that we bought from core last february......we've still got a 2018 ASA ghost as a backup, ordered a new advanced today.......she should have been using her practice bat, but i didn't give her too hard a time......an upgrade at this point doesn't break my heart, we got our money's worth

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, this cant be right. Nothing breaks except Ghosts :)

Just poking fun KPower...all I can say is and I say it all the time, bats are made to perform...not
last. The connection does a lot of work and sometimes will give out.
Nowadays, you have to be willing to return bats and use warranties

May 29, 2019
we just got a sharktooth on a dual stamp ghost that we bought from core last february......we've still got a 2018 ASA ghost as a backup, ordered a new advanced today.......she should have been using her practice bat, but i didn't give her too hard a time......an upgrade at this point doesn't break my heart, we got our money's worth
I'm anxious to hear your comparison of the dual stamp, advanced, and ASA. DDs 2018 ASA looks like it is starting to sharktooth so I am looking for the comparable replacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478