old worth liberty vs new liberty?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I'm looking for a new fielder's glove. I play center field for high school and third for travel ball. Right now I have a 12" and I'm thinking of getting a 12.5". I have a new worth liberty catcher's glove (the brown and black with white laces).

I found this glove at a local store (im pretty sure its the 2009 or 2010 liberty): Worth Liberty Advanced 12.5" Softball Glove LA125MT

The leather on the outside felt smooth and polished (like it had a coat of gloss over it). In general the glove felt on the stiff side but it fit nice. But so the new version of this glove is made out of different feeling leather. It's more floppy and well broken in right after production. But the store only had the 12.75" model of the new one so I couldn't try it on. This is the new version: Worth Liberty Advanced Series: LA125BMT

The old version is lighter and stiffer while the new one is heavier and floppier. I guess I want a nice balance between the two...I don't want my glove to be too floppy but it don't want it really stiff. And I don't really want it heavy either...

I'm trying to decide if I should get the new or the old one. Each one has pro's and con's and I've never actually been able to put on the new one. If I order it from the store I HAVE to buy it so...I don't know what to do. With the old one break in and be less stiff?

Thanks! SOrry for the long post..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd