Oklahoma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
That should have been a 2 minute video not 12 minutes. Had a very difficult time listening to that person just ramble on about nothing.

Going to let you all in on a real secret. Oklahoma hits better than the rest of teams because they are bigger, stronger and more athletic than the rest of the teams. Oh, they are also working their tails off to be bigger, stronger and faster. Oklahoma recruits very well, they get top level transfers players. Not that I know personally but they probably have some pretty good coaches.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
That should have been a 2 minute video not 12 minutes. Had a very difficult time listening to that person just ramble on about nothing.

Going to let you all in on a real secret. Oklahoma hits better than the rest of teams because they are bigger, stronger and more athletic than the rest of the teams. Oh, they are also working their tails off to be bigger, stronger and faster. Oklahoma recruits very well, they get top level transfers players. Not that I know personally but they probably have some pretty good coaches.
I remember seeing Kinzie Hanson playing at the IDT. I thought to myself, just a tall skinny kid. There is something to say about weights and nutrition! I was talking to my DD the other day and asked her about her peak weight during her career. It was 180 lbs. I thought it was 160. She was around 140 lbs after HS.

During her last college season I noticed she started dropping some weight after mid season. You know what else dropped? Her HR's! Instead of the ball going over the fence, she was banging them off the fence. That extra weight makes a big difference.

May 21, 2018
I really enjoyed the video. Really liked the launch angle info and how it relates to Oklahomas offense, e.g. the hard hit ground balls accounting for 40% of their hits. He way over-exaggerated the upward attack angle that he claims "most" people are trying achieve but that's pretty common.

The message I took from it was 'get on plane early, stay on plane, and Grace Lyons has a seriously sweet swing.'

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I like the idea of setting a goal or task of perfect contact (10 degrees). I think too many hitters are just trying to hit the ball and need to be more precise with what their objective is. You have to tell the brain what you are trying to accomplish. This is why I like long tee work so the player can see the trajectory of the ball they hit and strive for 10 to 15 degrees on both inside and outside pitches and actually aim for the gaps. In golf there is a phrase, aim small , miss small. If your goal is to only hit the ball that's probably all you will do.
Also putting targets on your bownets can be helpful.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
What?? I found one good swing in all of girls softball. Kudos.

Biceps near the torso, bat head ahead of the hands, not leaning back, good launch angle.
Capture.JPG

BTW, if anyone wants to hit 10 deg launch angle, quit hitting the L screen, hit over it.

May 13, 2023
Going to let you all in on a real secret. Oklahoma hits better than the rest of teams because they are bigger, stronger and more athletic than the rest of the teams. Oh, they are also working their tails off to be bigger, stronger and faster. Oklahoma recruits very well, they get top level transfers players.
💥BAZINGA💥
add big time NIL $$$$$$ that supports recruiting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles