Nokona Glove For Xmas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
DD recently asked for another glove. She's had two fielding gloves since she started playing softball--she's 11 now. She currently has a 12" glove that has done well for her, but everytime we go into a sporting goods store she always heads over to the gloves and says she wants a new one. With Xmas around the corner I'm considering a glove and bat as her "bigger" ( translated--expensive ) gifts. Decided on a Easton Synge bat, but I'm thinking about a Nokona glove ( thinking it should last her the rest of her life :) ).

Just wondering what Nakona glove would be best for a softball player who is 11, and has been using a 12" glove, and hopefully will be her last glove to purchase to take her through HS. I'm looking at the Female Fastpitch Series right now. But would consider other Nokona gloves.

Feb 24, 2010
I recently got DD the Walnut AMG600 (12.5") closed web glove to replace the cheap Wilson 440 (12.5") she was using this past year. She is also 11 YO and she tried the 12" but it seemed too small for the ball. She didn't like th kangaroo hide version nor the Buffalo version so you may want to just find a picture of a Nokona glove, wrap that up and then let her pick out the model, style, etc. herself. DD is a pitcher so she needed a closed web to hide the ball, but she really liked the "H" web, probably since it was easier to close due to the lesser amount of leather, especially when new and stiff. But get some good lube, which they make as well, and it will be fine in a few days.

Nov 8, 2010
Nokona all the way. A few things to keep in mind. That is a lot of mit for a 11yr old.
Depending on the hide you get all there is almost no break in time, "good". The true secuss to getting a good 2, 3, years out of it is, she must take care of it, read instructions and always keep a ball in it when it's in her bag (as not to end up flat). This will be hard for the dd to do at 11 yrs old, That is some good money you are about to spend, but then as far as Nokona go'es, I live and die by them because they are the best.

The drawbacks. Because of the high qualty hides they use to make this glove they get musshy and floppy. Plan to buy your 11 yr old another by the time she is 14 you won't get a "life time" out of it, Sorry.
Also remember at 11 she may want to move to other posions, i.e. 1st, there's another $250 and then there is catcher another 250 to 300. If you get her one Nok, she will never want anything else.
Trust me I'm living the dream, My dd has all 3, and she is a pitcher and of corse I had to have one to catch for her and that's just one kid. Thank God my 16u love the outfeild 1 posion 1 mit. You have the cash plan to spend it. They always find away to spend it, don't they. Gotta love 'em
Just some things to think about. Could be worst, have you heard what hockey parents pay out. lol

Anyway, have a great turkey day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd