No post game handshakes in Kentucky? WOW!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Just caught the tail end of the Today show featuring a decision by the state of Kentucky; No more post game handshakes in that state because of so many fights that have ensued. They specifically pointed out HS football, basketball and softball.

That is what I got from it froim what I heard.

WOW..

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Now there is back peddling. . .

10/09/13 – Commissioner Issues Clarification about Postgame Activity, Corrections to Erroneous Media and Social Media Reports | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

First, for those who may choose to read no further, there has never been a ban or prohibition on postgame handshakes or other types of good sporting behavior by the KHSAA, its Commissioner or its Board of Control. Nor has such a ban been proposed. There is no ban or prohibition on such activity today or contemplated for the future.

This message has been composed entirely by the Commissioner of the KHSAA. I do not want any room for misinterpretation or anyone else being accused of being involved. As the Commissioner, I take very seriously my role to ensure clear, concise and accurate communication regarding the expectations for our membership, participants, coaches, officials and all involved.

However, yesterday (10/8), at best a poorly worded and at worst, an incomplete, notice was sent from me to the member schools regarding postgame activity. Regardless of the number of people who had written pieces or segments, discussed the situation in meetings, or otherwise reviewed, it was my responsibility to ensure clarity. In haste to get the information out, the normal expected quality control steps were not executed to ensure such clarity. For that, I apologize to our member schools. The complete (and hopefully clarified) notice is at 10/08/13 – Commissioner’s Directive on Postgame Activity | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
someone doesn't leave the pitching forum much....this was covered pretty good in the discussions forum.

If they had not said 'Softball' on the tv show, I wouldnt have paid any attention to it at all. Thought maybe folks from KY might want to know.

Oh well. Someone will surely start insulting me for doing it and the thread will be quickly closed before I can reply anyway. Seems to be the new policy here.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Come on Hal...keep the chin up. I don't think the threads are locked for any personal reasons. Sluggers and Amy just want to keep the peace and when you and BM start going at it there is not benefit to the group. I'd love to see you two hug it out.