New player to the team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
What level TB are your DD playing? Is your team part of a marquee organization? The answer could differ from a high A-level TB team and a B-level team. There are a couple of marquee organizations in my area who are constantly trying out new girls, and they do not have a problem carrying 14-16 players on their roster.

Jun 24, 2013
3 is the right amount of pitchers, in my opinion. Sometimes carry 4 to help the other ones develop, but too many pitchers, unless you have that rare breed of pitching parents that get along, is often the recipie for a team break up.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
My dd's team has three pitchers. Two pitchers compete pretty well with each other and really seem to push each other to improve. The third one is decent but tends to have control issues at time. I like the way the coaches rotate the three pitchers during pool play and then when it comes time for bracket play, the first two pitchers can hold their own and really do well. Then when we are about halfway through the game, it's good to switch them out because one is a righty and the other is a lefty and it keeps the other team off balance.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
First year of travel ball, DD was one of two pitchers on her team. Wouldn't be unusual for her to pitch 18+ innings in a weekend. Add to that the fact that she pitched one or two rec games during the week, and it was no wonder she became tired as the summer moved on. I just didn't know any better at that point... Now we carry four pitchers, but three of them handle most of the innings. The fourth does not have as much experience as the others, but we do try to get her in on Saturdays. We are a class B team, and I like the flexibility of 4 to deal with family vacations, injuries, illnesses, etc. I agree that 3 is the perfect number if you can be confident that they will be there all of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing