New Louisville Slugger Kryo?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well, it's official. The Xeno is finally being discontinued...

And it looks like it was a short run for the Meta, too.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021
RIP. It was a good run.

These things go in cycles. Today's college graduating class were all in their early SB years when the Xeno came out and was the "only" bat to have. Those kids appreciated what it was and as time went on that they could still mash with a Xeno if it fit their swing.

Today's HS grads were in their formulative years when the Ghost hit the scene. They know the Xeno as the cheaper sister of the LXT, and if it's cheaper, it can't possibly be as good. Plus after hitting Ghosts, the stiffness of a Xeno probably is not to their liking. These kids arent going to ask Mom and Dad for a Xeno.

Even the coaches shunned the Xeno like it was an aluminum dud. Here, hit this Ghost instead... which of course hit no better than the 2016 hand-me-down Xeno that had thousands of hits. (Ghost Fever: Had a HS coach tell DD she would sit on the bench if she didn't switch to a Ghost from her DeMarini. She was hitting over .500 at the time?).

But some day the Ghost will be Old News to the new generation and nobody will buy one. It won't be because they aren't good. It's just how it goes.

Apr 8, 2019
RIP. It was a good run.

These things go in cycles. Today's college graduating class were all in their early SB years when the Xeno came out and was the "only" bat to have. Those kids appreciated what it was and as time went on that they could still mash with a Xeno if it fit their swing.

Today's HS grads were in their formulative years when the Ghost hit the scene. They know the Xeno as the cheaper sister of the LXT, and if it's cheaper, it can't possibly be as good. Plus after hitting Ghosts, the stiffness of a Xeno probably is not to their liking. These kids arent going to ask Mom and Dad for a Xeno.

Even the coaches shunned the Xeno like it was an aluminum dud. Here, hit this Ghost instead... which of course hit no better than the 2016 hand-me-down Xeno that had thousands of hits. (Ghost Fever: Had a HS coach tell DD she would sit on the bench if she didn't switch to a Ghost from her DeMarini. She was hitting over .500 at the time?).

But some day the Ghost will be Old News to the new generation and nobody will buy one. It won't be because they aren't good. It's just how it goes.
My DD will be so upset. I bought her a 34 drop 8 because it was really cheap and I thought it could be a cage bat. She loved it and it became her gamer. She has the strength for it and loved that it was such a stiff bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968