New bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Jim Easton "could have" voted but chose not to. That was HIS choice. For him to be on the side of getting it back into the Olympics is extremely hypocritical when he could have voted to keep it in there in the first place. Conflict of interest based on $$$, but not for the good of the game and the future of women softball? Blaming the other 52 and then sit in the back seat and claim "not my fault" is wrong. Why would you NOT blame the person that could have kept it in the Olympics or just had the courage to cast the right vote? If his vote would have been dis-allowed based on his affiliation with Easton, then what would he have lost? Certainly not respect. Just look at the remarks that Jennie Finch and Jessica Mendoza made right after the vote was held. You can't tell me that they didn't lose respect based on his "non vote".

I respect your opinion of the situation. However, I don't see how it relates at all to purchasing products from a company that Jim Easton no longer owns.

Jul 28, 2008
My opinion is to stay cheap for a 9yo. She will be growing quickly and you'll have to get bigger bats. I'm in Amy's camp with the old 777's and 888's. They are great bats and you can pick them up for a song and dance. Check out your local used sporting goods store or Clist. I grabbed one for $25 last year and it came with a nice helmet and bag from a local club team. I gave those away to a girl and just kept the bat.

Nov 14, 2011
I respect your opinion of the situation. However, I don't see how it relates at all to purchasing products from a company that Jim Easton no longer owns.

I will admit that I was not aware of Jim Easton selling the entire business. I have heard that he may have sold part of the business and is still partial owner, and possibly still a large shareholder. Any truth to that?

I do agree that holding a company who had no effect on the decision for the Olympics would be in extremely poor taste.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I haven't done any in-depth searching on the issue past the article I linked earlier, which says that Jim Easton sold the bat manufacturing side of the business, but is still involved with the archery side. If I recall, the Easton brand of softball/baseball gear is part of Easton-Bell Sports. I suppose it's possible that Jim Easton is still connected in some way, but the article indicates otherwise.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I like the Easton products, and I don't disagree with Jim's justification for abstaining from the vote. Each one of the 52 "no" votes are equally to blame for the situation. I highly doubt that he knew ahead of time that he was the deciding vote. If Jim Easton is supporting the return of softball to the Olympics now that he's in a situation that won't have the appearance of being unethical, good for him.

Oct 10, 2011
Easton

DD also loves her Easton and had a very good world series with her FX1. They need a little more break in time then some others but then are fantastic. We just buy used now:)

Nov 14, 2011
I haven't done any in-depth searching on the issue past the article I linked earlier, which says that Jim Easton sold the bat manufacturing side of the business, but is still involved with the archery side. If I recall, the Easton brand of softball/baseball gear is part of Easton-Bell Sports. I suppose it's possible that Jim Easton is still connected in some way, but the article indicates otherwise.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I like the Easton products, and I don't disagree with Jim's justification for abstaining from the vote. Each one of the 52 "no" votes are equally to blame for the situation. I highly doubt that he knew ahead of time that he was the deciding vote. If Jim Easton is supporting the return of softball to the Olympics now that he's in a situation that won't have the appearance of being unethical, good for him.

Not trying to argue with you, but how is not voting equal than voting no? If you abstain from voting that means you could vote yes, while voting no eliminates that possibility. He made the decision not to vote. If he would have voted yes then we could be in a different situation for the Olympics. But him "standing his ground" has cost the young women the chance at playing in the Olympics.

We will agree to disagree on this one. :)

BTW - I just ordered a set of Easton batting gloves for my DD. She likes the TurboSlot gloves.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06