New bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2013
Long time reader, but first post. I've been going crazy trying to figure out the best bat to buy my 9 year old. I have always like Easton but I'm open to other suggestions. I would like to keep the price down around $150 since she young will probably out grow it in a year or two. Some I've been looking at are the Easton S3, 2012 Synge and Rip it prototype. I've took her out to look at bats many times and tell her to tell me what feels the best but of course she just looks to see what ones the prettiest or matches her uniform. I appreciate the help.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Welcome to DFP :)

I went with a 29/17.5 Synge for my nearly-9yo DD (56", 77 lbs). The current Synge is not a particularly exciting color, but she likes the feel of it a lot. She also likes it because one of her best friends from her All-Star team has the same bat ;) I notice that the ball jumps off the barrel a lot more than her old aluminum Easton. My DD is fairly sensitive to weight, and doesn't like the feel of extremely light bats. She's also growing like a weed, so spending $200+ on a bat at this age doesn't make a lot of sense for me. At $90 (new off eBay), the Synge was a price I could tolerate. I'm just hoping she makes it through Fall Ball before needing something bigger.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
I'd check last year's models. I've found great bats that way and paid around $150. The blue and white Synergy is a hot bat.

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks for the responses. CPSB do you know how the yellow synergy speed compares too the blue and white synergy. I think I have it narrowed down to the Synge, FS3 or Synergy Speed. Does a 30" sound ok for a 4' 7" nine year old (almost ten). Thanks again for the help.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the responses. CPSB do you know how the yellow synergy speed compares too the blue and white synergy. I think I have it narrowed down to the Synge, FS3 or Synergy Speed. Does a 30" sound ok for a 4' 7" nine year old (almost ten). Thanks again for the help.

30" sounds just fine.

Nov 14, 2011
I would suggest Demarini, Louisville Slugger or Mizuno. Anything except Easton products.

May 13, 2013
demarini cf5's can be had used in the price range you have set and are much better than the bats you have listed.

Jul 9, 2013
ms244 do you have any specific models you'd recommend in those brands in my price range? Is ebay the best place to find a used cf5? Sorry a lot of questions kind of new to the fastpitch world.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06