New bat in a pinch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
What do you do when you need a bat immediately? DD needed a replacement. Her new Power Carbon arrived (a few days late) today. It lasted 5 swings and it is broken. She has a tournament this weekend. Are there any other options besides driving to Dicks and hoping for the best? Their selection and sizes are pretty limited and I'm worried that I'm going to pay way too much for whatever they have laying around. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
What do you do when you need a bat immediately? DD needed a replacement. Her new Power Carbon arrived (a few days late) today. It lasted 5 swings and it is broken. She has a tournament this weekend. Are there any other options besides driving to Dicks and hoping for the best? Their selection and sizes are pretty limited and I'm worried that I'm going to pay way too much for whatever they have laying around. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Text @CoreSoftball20 . He has them in stock and should be able to overnight it but it would have to go out this morning to get it in time tomorrow. Of course, shipping will be outrageous though.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Did you call Mizuno and try to work out an overnight shipping if you took pictures and stuff?

Even if you did though, not sure it would make it for tomorrow at this point. Maybe try a used bat place like PIAS or somethignlike that?
Is there not one kid that will let you use their bat for the weekend? Or a kid who has an extra bat as a backup.

Point proven though, any bat can break at any time.

Apr 8, 2019
Did you call Mizuno and try to work out an overnight shipping if you took pictures and stuff?

Even if you did though, not sure it would make it for tomorrow at this point. Maybe try a used bat place like PIAS or somethignlike that?
Is there not one kid that will let you use their bat for the weekend? Or a kid who has an extra bat as a backup.

Point proven though, any bat can break at any time.
I haven't called Mizuno, it just happened last night. I filled out a form online, but I didn't receive a confirmation email or anything. So I'm not sure it worked.

I think we might try to borrow something. It's just that we a pretty new to this team, and it is going to feel awkward. Or maybe she will use a bat she grew out of.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Find the girl who shows up with four different bats and ask to borrow one....

In all seriousness, that's a bummer. Hope you find something. If possible, I'd find a Play It Again and find something used that can get her through. Not ideal, but lets her play.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I haven't called Mizuno, it just happened last night. I filled out a form online, but I didn't receive a confirmation email or anything. So I'm not sure it worked.

I think we might try to borrow something. It's just that we a pretty new to this team, and it is going to feel awkward. Or maybe she will use a bat she grew out of.
Thats what i mean, try calling them and saying you are in a pinch. I have seen them do a return with pics and get a bat out rigth away.
Not saying it will work, but doesnt hurt. If you do the form, its going to take its usual form time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying