Never leave the door open!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
DD is a freshman in college playing softball. DD got the start this Sunday,... because the senior forgot to pack her Sunday uniform! 😆😆

She went 4-6 against statistically the top pitcher in the conference with 2 doubles, and 3 RBI. She also was perfect in the field and snagged a rocket back-handed short hop at 3rd to turn a crucial game saving DP.

While history says there is no guarantee DD will start the next game, I believe the senior has opened the door open to possibly lose her spot because she didn't double check her travel bag. Tough lesson, but as dad of the 'other kid' I don't care. All it takes is one opportunity.

Never open a door at this level if you want to keep your spot.
wally pipp her

May 28, 2019
DD is a freshman in college playing softball. DD got the start this Sunday,... because the senior forgot to pack her Sunday uniform! 😆😆

She went 4-6 against statistically the top pitcher in the conference with 2 doubles, and 3 RBI. She also was perfect in the field and snagged a rocket back-handed short hop at 3rd to turn a crucial game saving DP.

While history says there is no guarantee DD will start the next game, I believe the senior has opened the door open to possibly lose her spot because she didn't double check her travel bag. Tough lesson, but as dad of the 'other kid' I don't care. All it takes is one opportunity.

Never open a door at this level if you want to keep your spot.
hmmm...
how to swipe your "teammates" unis from their bags without getting caught....
😆🤫

Dec 11, 2010
One of the things that every college player needs to be successful is a bit of luck!

Jul 31, 2015
I've edited it for you. Its not quite the lesson it used to be though.

No need to edit yourself.
The parent brag forum is a great place for posts like yours, and many of us love hearing the success stories.

Congrats to your DD. Pls keep us up on how she does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12