need to vent/confused about coaches true motives

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Talked to a TB parent the other day who said "they give us one weekend off every month" between November and August. So, even the most deranged zealots recognize that there has to be more to life than softball. Just enjoy your holiday weekend.

Feb 7, 2013
It would be a great thing if parents and grandparents gave the benefit of the doubt to the coaching staff. They volunteer their time each week, spend their own money for team equipment such as hitting nets, softballs, T's, etc., have to get ASA certified, and have to deal with a multitude of admin responsibilities.

If you don't like the way the team is run then create your own coach pitch team....by the way, as the players get older the families get a little less crazy. You will be fine by 14u.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
by the way, as the players get older the families get a little less crazy. You will be fine by 14u.

RT gives great advice, but I am going to break with RT on the quoted part of the statement above.

While the volume of crazy parents appear to go down as players get older, I don't think that is what really happens. I believe that the intensity of the crazy increases with age, but it does differ in two ways. Half of the parents are quiet and make their moves silently. The other half are vocal and will make the 8U parents look like beginners (which they are in most cases). 14U is no exception :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors