Need Glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Someone here bought their DD a Tan Trout the last time I went to the Myrtle Beach Rawlings Outlet. I picked out the one with the smallest hand stall and best shape and took it to the counter for them to hold and ship, can't remember who it was? Very cool glove, and a really great price for a Pro Preferred!
1722613272997.png

Apr 26, 2019
Someone here bought their DD a Tan Trout the last time I went to the Myrtle Beach Rawlings Outlet. I picked out the one with the smallest hand stall and best shape and took it to the counter for them to hold and ship, can't remember who it was? Very cool glove, and a really great price for a Pro Preferred!
View attachment 29909
It is cool. Like you, I don't love the fastback and I know my daughter wouldn't like it.

Growing up, pretty much all gloves were tan on tan. If a guy had a glove of a different color it was the outlier.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It is cool. Like you, I don't love the fastback
If I were gonna buy one, it would be a Horween PRO-T from Morton's, I've had this one in my cart multiple times, just never pulled the trigger?? This is one fantastic glove, Morton's has been out of stock for awhile now! This would be the one I'd buy! I have to be careful, every time I mention Horween ole @LEsoftballdad fusses at me, he's a mean guy!
1722613993946.png
1722614036461.png
1722614110937.png

Jul 3, 2024
The Trout PROSMT27 is a huge / heavy glove, no way I'd ever recommend it for a 12/13 year old, unless she's a big, strong 12/13 year old! It's a bunch of glove!
Its been a slow day at work for me lol Ive read some of your previous posts about how you prefer a baseball glove. Which gloves have the smaller hand stall? I'm having a hard time finding them. We will probably need whatever I buy to be broken in within a few weeks.

Ive seen some softball gloves - What's your thoughts on these softball gloves?

What would be a color combo she might like?

Shes a 12 year old girl. lol I know she likes white or blonde. I dont think she is opposed to black.

Jul 3, 2024
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Its been a slow day at work for me lol Ive read some of your previous posts about how you prefer a baseball glove. Which gloves have the smaller hand stall? I'm having a hard time finding them. We will probably need whatever I buy to be broken in within a few weeks.

Shes a 12 year old girl. lol I know she likes white or blonde. I dont think she is opposed to black.
So she's 12 and a outfielder.....are you apposed to waiting on a custom Rawlings? If you can wait I'd take a look at a Rawlings Pro302 with a H-web (it used to be offered with a trap web but not anymore :mad:).

The 12.75" Pro302 is a narrower, smaller hand stall version of the larger Pro303. I'd contact @LEsoftballdad about pricing and ordering one. I can guide you through the custom builder.

Apr 26, 2019

As an aside, Smash It Sports isn't a bad choice if you are in the US and they have a glove or bat you want.

They are Canadian. The exchange rate is in your favor, plus they generally have a 10% off coupon code available and free shipping over $150 CAD (I think it's $150, either way your glove will probably qualify. )

I've priced gloves and bats from them and they end up being cheaper than you'll find in stores and online from American suppliers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hcm1940