Need Glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
Don’t want to get over my skis… I know the boys gloves much better, which has more options. MVP Prime and Prime Select is what I was referring to for the girls, but admittedly I don’t know if the taper on the Prime Select. I’m also wondering if someone here with more experience will recommend the Liberty Advanced to you.
I would probably get her the baseball version. Thank you for all the info.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
To be honest, in all my years of travel ball, I've never seen my daughters break a lace on their gloves. The both have two in their bags, but they're for different positions. Under normal wear and tear, you shouldn't break laces too frequently. As long as you keep them cleaned and conditioned, they don't break easily.

Is it really necessary to have two gloves in your bag for the same position? I don't think so. They're not like Easton bats.

Jul 3, 2024
To be honest, in all my years of travel ball, I've never seen my daughters break a lace on their gloves. The both have two in their bags, but they're for different positions. Under normal wear and tear, you shouldn't break laces too frequently. As long as you keep them cleaned and conditioned, they don't break easily.

Is it really necessary to have two gloves in your bag for the same position? I don't think so. They're not like Easton bats.
Thank you. I'm new to this. I just assumed it was like bats.

Jun 19, 2016
Which gloves would you recommend?

I found a few. What do you think? Why the six finger trap vs another pocket?

If she has a bench vise and 5 minutes she might be able to close it. These are way too much glove for your player. Try an Akadema AJB74. Epic Sports has a good deal on this glove right now.

If you think you have to have an A2000 I have a new with tags glove that my daughter turned her nose up at.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2024
If she has a bench vise and 5 minutes she might be able to close it. These are way too much glove for your player. Try an Akadema AJB74. Epic Sports has a good deal on this glove right now.

If you think you have to have an A2000 I have a new with tags glove that my daughter turned her nose up at.
Thank You. I will check it out. Appreciate the advice and offer but we already have an a2000.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury