Need Glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
Whatever web she likes. It’s pretty well documented here, most, and I say most hitters can’t / don’t pick up grips, it’s the 3B coach that does the majority of times, then it has to be relayed to the hitter somehow, and quickly, and then she still has to hit the ball….

My DD used an H-web from 10U up and never had any issues.
I was recently with my daughter at a DIII college prospect camp. During the scrimmage portion, one girl made no, and I mean zero effort to hide her grip.

She wasn't holding the ball and pitching hand in her glove or anything. She was was just doing it right there on her thigh in front of God and everybody. I'm hoping some of the girls were able to pick up on it ahead of time.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I was recently with my daughter at a DIII college prospect camp. During the scrimmage portion, one girl made no, and I mean zero effort to hide her grip.

She wasn't holding the ball and pitching hand in her glove or anything. She was was just doing it right there on her thigh in front of God and everybody. I'm hoping some of the girls were able to pick up on it ahead of time.
Regardless of web type, the pitcher does need to make a little effort! And my post was not a one size fits all, as always, there’s variables in this crazy game!

Jul 3, 2024
Just an update and maybe someone could help. We have been playing catch and doing drills with the wilson and she likes it and it seems good to go. Her only complaint is that she can’t really feel it when she catches it.

The easton is nice too. Her hand is loose in there though. Besides tightening the wrist strap. Is there anything to do to tighten it more for a smaller hand? Link to easton below

The marucci is way to stiff to do much with. Finger stalls are tighter but im not sure if its because it is or because its so stiff. Any thoughts on that?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Just an update and maybe someone could help. We have been playing catch and doing drills with the wilson and she likes it and it seems good to go. Her only complaint is that she can’t really feel it when she catches it.

The easton is nice too. Her hand is loose in there though. Besides tightening the wrist strap. Is there anything to do to tighten it more for a smaller hand? Link to easton below

The marucci is way to stiff to do much with. Finger stalls are tighter but im not sure if its because it is or because its so stiff. Any thoughts on that?
Is she using Two In the Pinky? That can help tighten up a loose glove.

Jul 1, 2022
Piggy backing on this thread...My DD is a 9 year old SS/P. She's fairly strong and about medium size for a 9 year old about 72 pounds at 4'4". She plays rec and select teams out of that rec assoc. She has a goal to make the local travel team at in a couple of years.

What glove do you all recommend?

She currently uses the 12" Mizuno MVP Select.
I don't love how it folds over the more it becomes broken in. We've discussed how to store it and keep the pocket alive, however, it just seems to naturally pancake.
Bradley gloves are good. My daughter uses a next play that's been in use year round (rec + all stars) for a full year and it's broken in well and has held its shape. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2024

On the Marucci… I can tell you that after 3 years of owning a steerhide men’s Marucci (the Cypress), the finger stalls and M-type thumb loop are still very much snug. The pocket has a lot of feel and I can tell exactly where a baseball is. Also, the “pop” when a ball hits the pocket is pretty loud and authoritative in a good way. Drawbacks are that it took a ton of time and mallet work to break in and i do think it’s a little heavy sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury