Need Glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2023
Might as well jump into this thread also since I have really enjoyed reading it.

What web style do you feel is best for pitching? I have seen kids basically using every style out there.

I am a huge fan of a triple hinge (mainly because I grew up using a 1970s A2000 XL with this style). It also shields the ball and grip very well from batters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Might as well jump into this thread also since I have really enjoyed reading it.

What web style do you feel is best for pitching? I have seen kids basically using every style out there.

I am a huge fan of a triple hinge (mainly because I grew up using a 1970s A2000 XL with this style). It also shields the ball and grip very well from batters.

What age are we talking here?

Oct 3, 2023
What's a triple hinge glove?

I played at a small college, played my whole life, I know nothing about gloves. Been interesting reading through this thread.

Feb 3, 2023
I guess some call it a dual hinge.

I’ve just always called it a triple as there are 3 pieces that make up the web.

Easton calls it a “Vertical Hinge”
f1b0ffea60528e88a244ad4a663e5313.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Middle school age.

Whatever web she likes. It’s pretty well documented here, most, and I say most hitters can’t / don’t pick up grips, it’s the 3B coach that does the majority of times, then it has to be relayed to the hitter somehow, and quickly, and then she still has to hit the ball….

My DD used an H-web from 10U up and never had any issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury