National Anthem for Minor League Baseball Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
So in a previous thread I posted my youngest DD would be singing the National Anthem this weekend. Rehearsals were rough last week...I won't lie it was the most nervous I have been for her going into anything she was booked for.

Before going out there I told her I loved her and was so proud of her. I reminded the hardest part, the audition, was over and they already believed she good enough and would sing beautifully. She is 11, and it was the best she has done to date. She sang it a little slower than she normally does, but she killed it. After the game the players came by and complimented her and all of them signed her cast. :)

Here is a funny note: At the very beginning of the video (4 seconds in) you can hear my oldest DD, our softball player, say, "Mom, Daddy shaved his head!" LMAO. She was at her aunt's house and hadn't seen it yet. We laughed so hard listening to that last night.
https://youtu.be/_EBuTa7auSc

Jan 3, 2014
That was awesome, better than most I've heard. I got goose bumps too, and I'm a cranky old man. So, it must have been good.

Laker

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
Thanks!! :) Sometimes I think I am her biggest critic, but in truth she is own biggest critic. She will listen to each performance pick it apart and try to work on the things she feels she needs to improve. I'm pretty proud of her tenacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes