Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
Who are the East Cobb Bullets and why do they have one?
The bats have been around for a long time as I mentioned before. The internet it just catching up

The Bullets are just another fastpitch organization of "elite" players..... Nothing special or different

Jun 6, 2018
Okay I just heard not until august and online only through Louisville slugger themselves. Why is a bat taking a year to get to market and then going to be sold full price in only one spot. Even if this is a Ghost killer, like they want to claim, they are cutting their own throats by going out after all the nationals are over and not going in stores

Jun 6, 2018
Well LS out in KC with them and letting girls try them out. Here is report I got

They had the Louisville Slugger Meta on display in KC, and allowed the girls to swing them, and measure exit speeds.

From the feedback they were receiving at the booth, and what the speeds were telling them on their trackers is the Meta will definitely not be a Ghost killer. It's exit speeds were significantly lower (5-7mph) then both the 2022 Ghost and the Advanced.

Overwhelming feedback from numerous hitters I talked to after testing it out is It feels very light in the hands of a hitters who swings a Ghost currently. So if it is light it actually might take purchases away from Demarini?

Jul 1, 2021
The LS Meta fastpitch launches around 7/21 to the public. It is definitely not a normal slugger bat, no disc system. It has a new technology they call Mash composite. It will be good. Durability will hopefully be better than the Ghost, but only time will tell.

Jun 6, 2018
The reviews have been from both sides...some say end loaded to others more like a balanced Demarini bat than Ghost Killer

yeah the predominant response in KC was it felt light to those that were ghost users. The bigger issue was the exit speeds being experienced were greatly below anticipation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish