Meta X

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
I’m not poor, but when I buy the best LS bat for 450$ I fully expect it to last more than a month. Especially with my then 12 year old daughter hitting.

LXT has been much better in spite of downgrading. The rep knew the Meta doesn’t hold up and I happily ate the $50.
Yep. A team member of DD just had her newer Meta go bad this weekend. This was the warranty bat too.

100% bullshit that a 12 yo would damage/wear out a $400 bat ever.

Mar 8, 2021
My kiddo got a 32-10 meta right at around the release date at first year 14u, Feb 08 birth. Swung it 11 months and loves it. Then destroyed the barrel 2 days before her departure for nationals. To date that bat has been her absolute favorite, reliable ever. Two swings of comparative ghost bats of 5 ghost and ghost advanced bats cracking them to be illegal use in game if inspected as they should be officials was a no brainier for why we stick with -9 Lxt and meta. It's so humerus to watch even the average batters come out of the cage with the swing trainers to see them inspecting the barrels of any ghost bat or even the wrist to barrel connection after just a few swings. Easton is making a killing on a few swings among those who have more money than talent.

Oct 4, 2018
I’m not poor, but when I buy the best LS bat for 450$ I fully expect it to last more than a month. Especially with my then 12 year old daughter hitting.

LXT has been much better in spite of downgrading. The rep knew the Meta doesn’t hold up and I happily ate the $50.

Agreed.

We got 2 full years out of our Ghost and it's sitting in the garage unused as DD moved up to a 33. Probably got over 1000 hits on it. Maybe twice that. We used the heck out of that bat.

I kind of want to give it to a friend and see it break on the first swing.

Jun 3, 2021
My kiddo got a 32-10 meta right at around the release date at first year 14u, Feb 08 birth. Swung it 11 months and loves it. Then destroyed the barrel 2 days before her departure for nationals. To date that bat has been her absolute favorite, reliable ever. Two swings of comparative ghost bats of 5 ghost and ghost advanced bats cracking them to be illegal use in game if inspected as they should be officials was a no brainier for why we stick with -9 Lxt and meta. It's so humerus to watch even the average batters come out of the cage with the swing trainers to see them inspecting the barrels of any ghost bat or even the wrist to barrel connection after just a few swings. Easton is making a killing on a few swings among those who have more money than talent.

TCS nationals and PGF Premier Nationals had very few Metas this year at the 12u level. The ones I saw were almost entirely slappers. Earlier in the year there were more. Such as my DD and another power hitter on the team. But they began to disappear as the year went on.

They are hot out of the wrapper. My daughter loved it. But it is not a reliable alternative to the Gohst for a power hitter. Don’t be fooled. Don’t expect any more than you would from a Ghost if purchasing one.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Are Meta owners only getting one warranty replacement?
That's been the Wilson policy for a while now. Every Wilson warranty replacement I have seen comes with "Warranty Replacement" stamped on the bat. Some owners have been getting vouchers instead of the actual bat they purchased because of a stock shortage of Meta X bats. Some people have been angry because the Meta is $50 more than the LXT.

Jul 18, 2022
11yr DD just broke her meta this weekend and she's not the powerhitter on the team. She's had the bat for two months or so and the inner barrel is rattling like crazy. Unfortunately, this was a warranty bat. Unhappy with the durability, we ordered a LXT that should be arriving tomorrow.

Jun 3, 2021
One time voucher for $450 on the Meta. Thought I could use the remaining $50 after putting the LXT in my “shopping cart” but their site will only allow it to be used on a single purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00