Looking for thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
When the video first loaded it was in slow motion, there is some monkey butt (not stacked enough) in there, it's camouflaged though. I can see why you addressed her posture. I think the drill itself is useful. I feel that there is an issue with her push off and that's where the monkey butt comes from. The push/drive has to go through the hips, that's where the glutes come in. The drive has a big effect on posture. I'd like to see her sit into the back leg more to load the glute and launch from there. Going to full motion might change everything. She has a very strong arm action, that's good, now it's just fine tuning.

Yes monkey butt was a issue. Just starting back up so she is rusty.

I agree she can sit into back leg more, I think she is getting some load in the back leg because there is some snap in her motion. I agree it can be better.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 24626
Drives to get open and she’s unable to recover.

Drive with an effort to stay facing forward and allow extension to open the torso naturally. She will be able to plant more stacked and get much better FSR.

Yes we will be working on not opening and “then” closing, like it’s two moves. Her mother and I were taught to open at all cost from John Gay and she keeps telling them to open up. So there is an issue with being to open.

With the monkey butt you can try to clear the hips, where good posture helps with the arm (upper arm) coming into the body. The picture you posted shows it.

So, the opening and closing (if you call it closing) happens really fast. It’s not a 2 part move.

Aug 21, 2008
Thanks. They are at a age where their starting to become more aware of their body.

Posture.
Shawn, I don't understand. What is she supposed to be working on here? Off the top, I don't see anything being done that is helpful. But, maybe she's trying to overcorrect a problem that I'm not aware of. Sometimes I have pitchers over-exaggerate some things as corrective behavior. But, I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, I don't understand. What is she supposed to be working on here? Off the top, I don't see anything being done that is helpful. But, maybe she's trying to overcorrect a problem that I'm not aware of. Sometimes I have pitchers over-exaggerate some things as corrective behavior. But, I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.

She starts to open in the clip. That along with what others have mentioned is creating a major issue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying