Looking for thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It’s just a backwards chaining drill. There is some snap, so that’s good. What do you see? Anything good of bad?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
I would not turn the foot that much. Point the stride foot at the batter (righty on righty or lefty on lefty).

This is a good model.

Snapping the stride foot down is essential. When you turn the foot that much it turns it from glute/ham into adductor. Glute/ham are much bigger and also have a really good(read crucial) benefit of standing you straight up while working. IMO of course.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
What stands out most to me is that she is practicing with her mask on. I love it. But really, she looks like she is under good guidance.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would not turn the foot that much. Point the stride foot at the batter (righty on righty or lefty on lefty).

This is a good model.

Snapping the stride foot down is essential. When you turn the foot that much it turns it from glute/ham into adductor. Glute/ham are much bigger and also have a really good(read crucial) benefit of standing you straight up while working. IMO of course.

I understand your view. However the foot/knee position is a style. We are just starting back up, soccer, basketball done and now 7 months of fastpitch. I was catching both today and somehow didn’t record her in full motion. I doubt very much that she is that closed.

From one Olympian to another,

32039C4C-92D3-43CB-AD7C-27D74A720001.jpeg

Some might say closed is better because it doesn’t bend in the direction of the force created.

Feb 25, 2020
I understand your view. However the foot/knee position is a style. We are just starting back up, soccer, basketball done and now 7 months of fastpitch. I was catching both today and somehow didn’t record her in full motion. I doubt very much that she is that closed.

From one Olympian to another,

View attachment 24625

Some might say closed is better because it doesn’t bend in the direction of the force created.

Some might say you need to say hellow to your elbow...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Some might say you need to say hellow to your elbow...
Some might…lol

Teresa Wilson taught that. She said you could push harder rather then pulling or whipping. She taught to pat yourself on the back of the shoulder. One time she never used a pitcher because she didn’t fit into her philosophy. She stayed until her junior year. Finally she went to a different school and took her team to super regionals, it might of been regionals. In any case she was an ace that year.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
When the video first loaded it was in slow motion, there is some monkey butt (not stacked enough) in there, it's camouflaged though. I can see why you addressed her posture. I think the drill itself is useful. I feel that there is an issue with her push off and that's where the monkey butt comes from. The push/drive has to go through the hips, that's where the glutes come in. The drive has a big effect on posture. I'd like to see her sit into the back leg more to load the glute and launch from there. Going to full motion might change everything. She has a very strong arm action, that's good, now it's just fine tuning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee