Long Toss Workout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Just to clarify, will they compromise posture and abandon brush to get the high arc?

Not from what I've seen...

For my pitchers, it has really helped with the front side resistance and vertical to a slight negative angle. I'm still cuing them to release the ball off the back hip so consequently they naturally hold their posture. Something like this:

156btqv.gif

This also seems to do wonders for one of my pitchers and DD2 who can sometimes get some lean towards 3rd base...no lean makes brush easier to accomplish...

CP

May 10, 2013
USA
With my 10yo we just started a little long tossing. She threw 50 pitches at 35 feet with 11", then I backed up to 40 feet and she threw 10 more pitches with 12" ball, then I backed up 3 more feet to 43 feet and she threw 5 more pitches.

Dec 27, 2014
Not from what I've seen...

For my pitchers, it has really helped with the front side resistance and vertical to a slight negative angle. I'm still cuing them to release the ball off the back hip so consequently they naturally hold their posture. Something like this:

156btqv.gif

This also seems to do wonders for one of my pitchers and DD2 who can sometimes get some lean towards 3rd base...no lean makes brush easier to accomplish...

CP

Newly 10 DD did long toss on Wednesday. Set highs in distance and endurance throws - in her admittedly short tiome of doing this. :)
Last night at pitching practice she had more brush than she has ever had before. Even complained of bruising on her hip and elbow. Point being, she is not leaning as much which avoids brush. Or, it was just an anomoly...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes