LiveStream Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I get an email notification from our 16U team in Florida that I can watch the next game live on Live Stream. A coach took an iphone attached an external battery to it and hung it on the fence just to the left of home plate. I can't see the corners but everything else looks great. I think I will start streaming the games next spring for those that can;'t make the games.

If you haven't seen it, check it out.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I get an email notification from our 16U team in Florida that I can watch the next game live on Live Stream. A coach took an iphone attached an external battery to it and hung it on the fence just to the left of home plate. I can't see the corners but everything else looks great. I think I will start streaming the games next spring for those that can;'t make the games.

If you haven't seen it, check it out.

When you are ready to mount something securely to the fence, check us out. I'd be leery of mounting a $600 phone to the fence. You might consider using a GoPro camera (Ranging from $200 to $500). These cameras are rugged enough to handle the environment, and can take the shock of a direct foul ball hit. You can stream from the GoPro, through the camera, to LiveStream.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If I have a field that I want to broadcast LiveStream from what do I need and about how much does it all cost?

The field does not have WiFi so I quess one of the first things I would need to do is get WiFi to the field?

(Field does have electicity.)

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
No you can broadcast from a MI-FI hotspot or phone. If you want to archive the broadcast it costs 100 for the year. I read up and you can mount a go pro and hook to your phone up to the cloud. It is not 100% instant live meaning if we were talking on the phone and you were watching there would be some lag to the video but not much. Based on what I saw last night maybe 30 seconds or less?

You definitely want an external battery for your phone if doing more than one game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom