Live Baseball/Softball presentation to the IOC 8:20am Central Time Zone

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 27, 2012
Olympics have become a joke. If Olympics is about equality and sportsmanship, what are dressage and equestrian doing in Olympics? Wrestling should never have been taken out of Olympics in the first place. Equestrian can only be afforded by millioners and common. Folks can never even dream of getting into that sport.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Olympics have become a joke. If Olympics is about equality and sportsmanship, what are dressage and equestrian doing in Olympics? Wrestling should never have been taken out of Olympics in the first place. Equestrian can only be afforded by millioners and common. Folks can never even dream of getting into that sport.

Well, I believe you are absolutely wrong about that. I've had friends and cousins have been envolved in equestrian (no, not the rodeo) sports including dressage and none of them are even close to rich.

Nov 27, 2012
I am talking about the % of kids world wide who will be able to afford that sport. For football or volleyball all ou need is a ball and couple kids and you can play it in any field or in a city street.

Mar 13, 2010
Equestrian does t bother me.

The one that still makes me furious is golf. Golf should not be in the Olympics.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Equestrian does t bother me.

The one that still makes me furious is golf. Golf should not be in the Olympics.

Yeah-this kills me too. I love golf, and play and watch it often, but as an Olympic sport it fails. I really think that accessibility is an important criteria for the Olympics. Golf is about as inaccessible a sport as possible, huge equipment costs, fees just to play the game, outside of America and parts of Europe it is VERY EXPENSIVE and only available at resorts in a lot of countries.

Mar 13, 2010
Yeah-this kills me too. I love golf, and play and watch it often, but as an Olympic sport it fails. I really think that accessibility is an important criteria for the Olympics. Golf is about as inaccessible a sport as possible, huge equipment costs, fees just to play the game, outside of America and parts of Europe it is VERY EXPENSIVE and only available at resorts in a lot of countries.

Same. I enjoy playing it but its accessibility issues are huge.

Mar 28, 2013
As a former Olympian I don't want to run down other sports to justify the ball and bat sports being in. THEY SHOULD ALL BE IN!!.where the IOC jumped the shark is by wanting to play King and excluding the sports that deem unworthy. Olympics should be a celebration of sport and competition. ALL SPORT AND COMPETITION. Holy er than thou beaurocrats can find ways to screw up even the most grand ideas humanity has ever come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing