Little League Bans Composite Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Regardless, anyone who pays $300 for a 12-year-old's bat is an idiot.

How old is your daughter? I've read some of your posts and I'm going to excuse you based off that your daughter is around 10... you haven't been sucked into the composite world yet. You just wait.

ETA: Remember the HUGE sale on composite bats after HS banned them?

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
LL has now revised their ruling to include all ages of baseball. I didn't know that.

The moratorium on composite bats, which now applies to all baseball divisions of Little League, does not apply to any softball divisions of Little League.

leo

Nov 5, 2009
Part of the problem you have Dads out there, who like modifying bats to get the extra few feet and not realizing that kids on the other
end could get hurt.

I remember one Dad just bought a brand knew bat for his 14u and had some guy roll the bat for $25.00
I`m so againts people who have to modify these bats so there DD could get that extra feet.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
My kid used his CF4 for the first time. Loved it he said! What a bummer he might not be able to use it in a game.

Just curious for those who have LLers. Any opinions on Demarini Voodoo or Easton Surge?

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
My kid used his CF4 for the first time. Loved it he said! What a bummer he might not be able to use it in a game.

Just curious for those who have LLers. Any opinions on Demarini Voodoo or Easton Surge?

2009 Demarini Voodoo Pitchblack FP was a good bat. My DD used one for 2 years and just replaced it with an Anderson Nanotek after the athletic director at middle school ran over her bat bag with a gator. It had great pop and she hit really well with it until that little incident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish