Little League Bans Composite Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
This doesn't apply to softball.

I always wonder why an organization makes a bat standard for baseball and not softball, though.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2009
As the article points out, interesting timing for the announcement -- after the holiday buying season.

Little League sent out an announcement that they were considering this last year. The league my kids play for sent out a email saying don't buy a composite bat until a ruling is made.

Edit: by last year I mean the season that just passed

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Regardless, anyone who pays $300 for a 12-year-old's bat is an idiot.

Really? Idiots? What do you suggest? Wood bats? Is that what you buy your kid(s)? Not saying I disagree with outragously expensive equipment for kids, but where do you draw the line between reasonable people and idiots? Just curious.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Really? Idiots? What do you suggest? Wood bats? Is that what you buy your kid(s)? Not saying I disagree with outragously expensive equipment for kids, but where do you draw the line between reasonable people and idiots? Just curious.

Most I've paid for a NIW bat is $265, so I'd say somewhere between $265.01 and $299.99?

Jan 30, 2010
With over 40 baseball games a summer ,i wont buy cheap and i do my homework to make sure my investment is worth it. I guess i will have to go out and get a Anderson,Techzilla. All metal ,but its still $250-300. Worth the money though,they are tanks.

Jun 21, 2010
Another idiot here. In fact, my kid got a CF4 for xmas. Bummer, I wasn't aware they were considering it, or I would have waited. He doesn't really need the bat now anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy